Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Desnorkling (Read 15 times)
tbear

former thumper

Des Moines, Iowa
Desnorkling
07/22/07 at 20:23:28

Are any carb mods necessary after desnorkling the air box of an otherwise stock '06 Savage and substituting a K&N filter?  I will also be adding a SuperTrapp with 8 discs.  Will it cause an overly lean condition?  Even more than it already is?  I'm new here and am starting to modify my bike.  I'm looking to do the more simplistic things while in waranty before messing with the carb.

Thanks all.

white & silver '07 C50|windshield|debadged|throttle rockers|gutted stock pipes|lowered 2 1/2"|DJ drive|passenger pegs/pillion removed|contour solo rear rack|saddlebags
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Desnorkling
Reply #1 - 07/22/07 at 20:36:08

Do one mod at a time.  If it starts poping like crazy go back a step.

The super and stock intake will be just fine otherwise.

WWW   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 07/22/07 at 20:43:48

well your giving it a way to such in more air and a way to pump more out - I'd sure want to mix a little more fuel with it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/22/07 at 22:29:10

If I could go back & do it all over, I would go run it, check the MPG, make one change, run it, see how the performance changed, check MPG & trhen move on to the next step. Awww But No, I went at it hammer & tong, When I was done & it didnt do what I really hoped, I had no idea where to look. I KNEW that going in, I was just impatient. So, the moral of the story is, ya just cant hardly tune a radio if you adjust more than 1 knob at a time. I am currentlu detuning the bike trying to resolve the MPG issue &, since the daughter is riding it, I dont want it that fast anyway.
BTW, the bike is lean from the factory. Reelthing offers a good point I think. Making the thing breathe easier means more air in & out. Adding a little gas would be cheaper than wishing ya had. If it winds up rich, you can fix that easier than if its too lean.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 07/23/07 at 13:13:48

i didnt notice any change at de snokel but left it out for more room there for a relay(blockin air flow?)for driving lights..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
tbear

former thumper

Des Moines, Iowa
Reply #5 - 07/24/07 at 06:13:56

Thanks for the advice.  I will definately try to be patient and do the one mod at a time approach and see how she runs.

Where exactly is the snorkel anyway?  Is it the square rubber removeable intake, the round outlet tube that leads to the carb, or none of the fore mentioned?  I guess after looking around at my air box I'm not sure where or what it is.  Yes, I'm a newbie.   Grin

white & silver '07 C50|windshield|debadged|throttle rockers|gutted stock pipes|lowered 2 1/2"|DJ drive|passenger pegs/pillion removed|contour solo rear rack|saddlebags
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 07/24/07 at 06:15:24

tbear wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Thanks for the advice.  I will definately try to be patient and do the one mod at a time approach and see how she runs.

Where exactly is the snorkel anyway?  Is it the square rubber removeable intake, the round outlet tube that leads to the carb, or none of the fore mentioned?  I guess after looking around at my air box I'm not sure where or what it is.  Yes, I'm a newbie.   Grin

The rubber boot under the seat at the intake to the airbox.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
tbear

former thumper

Des Moines, Iowa
Reply #7 - 07/24/07 at 12:03:02

That's what I initially thought, but wasn't quite sure.  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:22:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Desnorkling

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.