YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Mounting a hard case
Reply #15 - 07/23/07 at 09:44:16

He's got it on a short leash, so there wouldn't be a lot of minibikes running around.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
ErminM
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Toronto, ON
Reply #16 - 07/23/07 at 10:44:33

I think he might be checking oil Smiley

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #17 - 07/23/07 at 12:57:46

My guess was the whole bike got top heavy with that big back bag, so it is centered (wood block) and leashed to keep from being bumped over. The rubber tire block is to keep the cat from pissing on it.  Grin

Actually, I like the minibike and earthquake explainations best.  Wink

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 07/23/07 at 14:11:55

Is that block a scarecrow in disguise or did he just soak it in citris oil?

WWW   IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #19 - 07/23/07 at 19:09:43

Balderdash wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Okay, okay, I give up, I've been staring and staring at this picture and trying to figure out what I'm looking at, I've got 2 ideas...

1. You live in a bad earthquake area (or on the back of the largest trailer garage I've ever seen) and the garage shakes a lot and so you have to tie your bike down like it's in a trailer.  ???

2. Your box on the back weighs SOOOO much that the kickstand will not hold it up because it's center of gravity is too high so you put the block of wood under it, but the block is too big and will knock the bike over on the other side so you tied a strap to the wall to keep it from going over?  Grin

so maybe you just tell us why the bike is tied to the wall with a block of wood under the kickstand, please?  Maybe it's just easier to work on the bike when it's straight up and down?

Actually, when I took this pic, I was doing some other maintenance on the bike, wanted it level, and was too lazy to put it on the stand.

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
DanGill

Reply #20 - 07/24/07 at 05:38:15

I have to admit, those Mutazu hard saddlebags look pretty good. Does anyone have a set of those on your bike? I'm a little concerned about the size and clearance on my S40. Also, the dimensions are outside dimensions for a curved form. I'm wondering if my laptop (13 1/2 x 10 1/2 without any padding) would fit.

Swapped the S40 on a Shadow Spirit 1100
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #21 - 07/24/07 at 06:03:30

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I had one on mine for a while.  It required mounting an extension plate to the stock luggage rack to support it properly and eventually the welds on the luggage rack cracked.  I'm planning to have them re-welded sometime soon and try it again for a while.  This was almost three years ago but below is how she looked back then.

http://rob.savageriders.com/images/Nadine%202004-09-19%20004.jpg

Upon further thought, I think I'll probably look into a way to place the trunk above the pillion with a TourTank behind it.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 07/24/07 at 06:59:59

I've been thinking of the same thing.  Haven't decided yet though.

remove the pillion, make a 'grab' bar like front brace attached where the front of the saddle bag brackets go.  replace the sissy bar with a similar bar and bolt the mounting plate to both bars.

Another idea I've been toying with... I have a 2 1/2 gal gerry can.  Just the right size for a tour tank.  attach it like a saddle bag and have a similar like bag on the other side.  This would work well with the harley seat as is.

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #23 - 07/24/07 at 09:27:28

Looking at Jack_650's trailer hitch mounting (in this thread):

Cut the lower part of the side brackets off, mount a horizonal square tube at the rear to accept a square bar that resembles and replaces the lower/rear part of the trailer hitch -- allows quick connect/disconnect of the hitch part by leaving the side brackets permanently on.   In addition or instead, two pairs of vertical square tube sockets, front and rear, to hold an extra large heavy duty over the pillion luggage rack.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:32:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mounting a hard case

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.