Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
thoughts on a gas gauge or odometer (Read 22 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: thoughts on a gas gauge or odometer
Reply #15 - 07/21/07 at 20:11:37

The company is based in Canada but does have an outlet in the US.  I am an authorized dealer for them and am listed on their website.  When ordering from them the parts may come from the US office or from Canada ... just depends on parts availablility at the time.

If anyone wants a Veypor ( $279.99 )I will offer a 10% discount for the members of this website.  The markup on these is not much, basically the 10% is pretty much half of the profit margin.  Shipping is not crazy since the stuff is light weight.  The company does not offer quantity discounts so we cannot work it that way.
Installation is very easy.  Learning to use all of the features takes a bit longer since there are so many of them, but this is a really cool computer device.    I have used it for 2 hears now and find it to work extremely well.   Their website has a lot of info and explains more of the detail very well.     www.veypor.com

IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 07/22/07 at 19:42:30

I think kenGlong had the best idea for you. I had no idea that they made aftermarket fule gauges for dirtbikes, so it would be a cool idea and would set your bike apart.

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #17 - 07/23/07 at 19:19:56

vroom1776 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I vaguely remember seeing a gas gauge... basically it was a piece of clear fuel line that ran down the side of the tank... was that on savage bobber dave's bike? or was that in THE HORSE, Backstreet choppers?

I remember that too -- it was on my first bike, a two-stroke Suzuki 250 from about 1964!  Remember the X-6 -- tubular frame, oil injection and a six-speed tranny?  This was it's predecessor -- dump the oil in the gas tank and pray you don't foul another spark plug.  Four speed transmission and a white pressed steel frame.  It bore a striking resemblance to a refrigerator, but it was two wheels and a motor, so I was one happy camper!  And them were the days you could go hill-climbing and cow-trailing just about anywhere, which I did.  Just had to be careful with the low pipes.

Ah, memories!

As for the plastic tube "gas gauge" -- I suspect it doesn't pass today's safety standards, probably because it isn't very safe.  If the tube slips, cracks or leaks you're dumping out gas right above the motor!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:21:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › thoughts on a gas gauge or odometer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.