Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mod suggestions please (Read 5 times)
luxup
Ex Member

Mod suggestions please
07/16/07 at 07:50:02

The wife will be gong to California this weekend to attend a family wedding and I get to stay here on the other side of the world in NYC.

The bike (Suzy Q) is in the garage this week as I have to do the 600 mile maintenance and I don't want to ride until I get it done.

Since I have the weekend free I will be doning the maintenance but was wondering what other mods I should consider.  I already have the bc1606L installed, I have to read up on the spark plug door mod more and I plan on lifting the seat but I wanted to know if anyone had any other usefull suggestions.

I'm not looking to spend a ton of cash and I really only have the weekend to work on it but there may be something really usefull out there that I just haven't considered because of my newbie status.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Re: Mod suggestions please
Reply #1 - 07/16/07 at 08:00:12

Fill up the gas tank for her.
RIDE!
Wink

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/16/07 at 09:17:36

I took the right side head cover off & hacked the back side of the square hole out, so I can pull it without hassling with the black hose. I left enough of the rail so it keeps the hose in line just fine. Dress the hard edges/corners with a file.
Replacing the seat bolts with allen heads & putting 2 nuts on each bolt, jammed together tight was the best "convenience" mod I've done besides the plug door. Get bolts that are long enough to make getting the allen wrench in easy. This isnt MY mod, someone suggested it & I went for it. Maybe he will chime in & say how long to buy. OHHH Heck, gimme a sec. Okay, the threaded part is 1.5 inches long. Take a seat bolt in to match diameter & pitch. A tee handled allen wrench set can be had at Harbor Freight for $8.00 or if ya wait, like I did, $4.00 on sale. BUt, a couple of allens fit in the tool kit to haul the seat off real easy, but getting a 10 mm socket & all that in is a pain, so that's why this mod is so cool, you can pull the seat anytime. And, about everything we do requires pulling the seat it seems.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 07/16/07 at 11:21:29

Regarding the above mentioned seat bolt replacements, I used the following:

Otherwise, you might want to read the existing thread entitled Savage Mods in the Tech Ref forum.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 07/16/07 at 13:06:14

I used push button type speed pins.

See my seat mod...

I might be able to get the speed pins for a $1 each still.

Pm me if you want me to check.

« Last Edit: 10/26/08 at 16:43:56 by verslagen1 »  
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 10:21:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Mod suggestions please

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.