Send Topic Print
A couple Questions (Read 0 times)
tonefight
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Central, Pa
A couple Questions
07/13/07 at 19:56:19

Hi Guys, I joined a couple years ago when my wife got her S40. I've checked in from time to time to try to keep up but I've got a few questions.

First and most important : My wifes bike started leaking a little oil out the top and it runs down around the exhaust outlet, before I start tearing it apart in the middle of riding season can anyone give me a little heads up on what I may be up against?

Second : I put a sporty muffle on and trimmed down the spacer but I think it could still use a rejet (also planning on a more open exhaust soon). From what i understand you guys are just replacing the main ? Or do I get a kit with a new needle and all ?

Third : Has anyone tried using one of the $40 turn out mufflers from JCwhitney on one of these? Seems like it would work good but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks or all replies

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: A couple Questions
Reply #1 - 07/13/07 at 20:08:36

Take about 20 minutes and read the threads in the Tech Ref forum concerning carbs, jetting, tuning, white spacers and the infamous head seal/plug.  Most of your questions will be answered much more completely than repeating them piecemeal here.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 07/13/07 at 20:08:38

on the jet - generally just the main some do the pilot if the mixture screw near 3 turns out - pick up a 150 and 152.5 and start around 1 3/4 turns out on the mixture

need to see where the leak is - most common on the Savage/LS650's of course is the rubber plug/cap - pretty easy to do - see the tech section - but there are several bolts with sealing washers that could cause  small leak

IP Logged
smokey02

Time flies like an
arrow, fruit flies
like bananas

Alta Loma, California
Reply #3 - 07/13/07 at 20:42:41

I used a HD turnout muffler, it keeps the rear brake lever clean. It is 19 inches long, but not a tab mount like the JCWhitney. Instead it is a rail mount, so it fits the bolt holes on the stock muffler bracket.

more pics and info here:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

Maroon 96, HD turnout, Iridium, TKat brace, Big Crank, seat lift, Narva +50 w/ yellow filter in a XV920 9
WWW   IP Logged
tonefight
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Central, Pa
Reply #4 - 07/15/07 at 15:12:15

Thanks for the replies, Looks like that cap could very well be the culprit but it is really hard to tell with the tank on, I'll get into that in the near future.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:29:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › A couple Questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.