different approach (Read 8 times)
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
different approach
07/09/07 at 19:46:41

After every long ride, I swear, that I'll do something about the leg room of the Savage. But 2 days latter my natural lazyness takes over. I never did anything untill today. I had a reason to bring one Savage for some welding and while I was there , i decided to reposition the seat. I had 2 L-shaped brackets welded about 3" behind the original rear mounting brackets.
I bolted the seat in the back and marked where is the front part of the seat. It was above the black air box.I drilled a 8 mm hole in the box, drove a long bolt thru it /the head of the bolt is in the air box/, installed  some wrist pin like a spacer to hold the "nose" of the seat at certain hight and locked the spacer with a nut on the top. Marked where the bolt has to go thru the seat prong and drilled a hole. After mounting everything, I took the bike for a spin. Feels very solid. It is hard to say how good it is without making a long trip. If I like it, the next step will be to put some rubber support on the bottom of the seat, to prevent it from bending. About the looks- there are many ideas in my head right now /native indian blanket, tassels HD stile around the seat, piece of a vacuum cleaner hose or a piece of spring  around the front bolt.  The main thing is to make sure it will be comfortable after couple of hours "in the saddle".

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
tuxedo

medium pimpin.

Hot Springs, AR
Re: different approach
Reply #1 - 07/09/07 at 20:35:17

if it's comfy, leave it ugly.  that's my motto.

explains a lotta ex-gfs of mine.

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.

86 Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 15:18:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › different approach

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.