Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Modify gel seat or stock seat height (Read 5 times)
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Modify gel seat or stock seat height
07/09/07 at 07:40:25

I tried the search function, and saw a lot of seat height changes by changing the frame or actual seat itself.

What I am looking for is how to raise the standard style seat just a little (1-2" max) in the FRONT.

Right now the seat throws me a little too far forward onto the tank (a common complaint).  I don't want too high because I want to still be able to flat foot it.

Solution: I want something SIMPLE that I can do myself!!  Wink

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
PhilM

England (Twyford)
Re: Modify gel seat or stock seat height
Reply #1 - 07/09/07 at 07:51:09

IP Logged
Baldeagle

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Hernando MS
Reply #2 - 07/09/07 at 13:29:34

Read posting 'STARTED SEAT LIFT"......I did the lift last week.  Up front I used two #7 stoppers from Lowes and replaced bolts with M6x60's......Kept original washers in place and sperated the stopper from stock washers using a washer the size of the large end.  No washer between backet and stopper.  It wasn't really necessary to put a washer between the seat bracket's but it does help to line things up.  I cut up and intertube and glued enough together so the middle seat mounts would have support. You only have about a 1/4 inch space to fill.  Rear bolt is not problem.  Once you start it is fairly simple.  Good luck and keep us posted.

RIDE SAFE!!!

Old geezer with a 05 S40
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #3 - 07/09/07 at 13:40:54

I'm a huge fan of 'use what ya got laying around'.  But looks like I am off to the store for some of these items mentioned.  Could not find a washer of any size in my house on Saturday - clearly a major problem!!  Grin

I put a new gel seat on this weekend along with a COOL idea of better hand grips. I took some leftover pale gray elk hide that I used to cover the boat steering wheel, and used it to cover my stock hot-in-the-summer black hand grips.

End result = way more comfortable grips in the heat and humidity, wider (fatter by 1/8") which made grip more comfortable, and I even noticed less vibration!

Photos on request. I meant to take some yesterday but it prompty rained buckets as soon as I finished the job.  Tongue

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #4 - 07/09/07 at 14:13:08

Yes, please post the photos -- some of the ones from the old thread are no longer accessible.

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #5 - 07/11/07 at 05:21:53

PhilM added a link that works well with pics if you need to see it.  

I may not get to this adjustment until next week because I work outside on my patio, and its been pouring buckets of rain for days with no end predicted until next week.

Will post photos after the mod.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 03:16:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Modify gel seat or stock seat height

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.