Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Refitting order of the bike. (Read 3 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Refitting order of the bike.
07/05/07 at 19:34:57

OK right now, frame, motor, swingarm, front end, shocks, both wheels are all on as is the left footped carrier and side stand.
What is the best order to fit them back in.
Belt next, rear fender next, main wiring harness, then airbox, battery box, exhaust, carbs, tank, lights switches, brakes ???  
Thanks in advance.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Re: Refitting order of the bike.
Reply #1 - 07/06/07 at 09:41:14

i just swapped motors, and found it easier to put the carb/and air hose on, prior to installing the batt box. exhaust went on last.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
tuxedo

medium pimpin.

Hot Springs, AR
Reply #2 - 07/06/07 at 18:00:00

srinath wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
OK right now, frame, motor, swingarm, front end, shocks, both wheels are all on as is the left footped carrier and side stand.
What is the best order to fit them back in.
Belt next, rear fender next, main wiring harness, then airbox, battery box, exhaust, carbs, tank, lights switches, brakes ???  
Thanks in advance.
Cool.
Srinath.

carb first.  airbox if you got it.  battery box.  rear fender, lights, harness, tank, brakes, wheels & belt

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.

86 Savage
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 07/06/07 at 18:51:09

OK I get it, inside or center outward ... Of course rear fender needs to be in before wiring harness, cos most of that bolts to it, basically ...
If I am not installing air box now with the idea of K&N types, how hard is it to fit later ... if I change my mind about K&N.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 07/11/07 at 19:05:25

OK wiring has to go in before airbox. Else ... black box wont get in through the frame rails.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/13/07 at 19:59:02

I've had my airbox out. Battery & box comes out first, then it's easy enuff. I have no clue about the rest. Good luck. I am not looking forward to the day when the fork bearings need attention. Seems like that's gonna be a major hassle.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 23:30:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Refitting order of the bike.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.