Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oil plug / cap repair job parts list? (Read 7 times)
MuzzleBlast
YaBB Newbies

Orlando, FL
Oil plug / cap repair job parts list?
07/03/07 at 22:23:36

Getting ready to tackle the plug repair, since I can't keep the oil from splashing onto my leg while riding.  The '01 has 25k miles and I even tried 20W50 oil, but like I was told on the forum, it didn't work.  I went back and gathered all of the threads from the forum (bless you all!) on the repair, but I'm still confused as to the actual parts I will need from the dealer. Do I need to order gaskets for the bolts that are listed as having gaskets? O-rings? Gasket kit? If I tell the dealer what repair I am planning will they know what parts are required? Last question: Would it be asking too much  for some kind soul out there to post a recommended parts list with part numbers? Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Oil plug / cap repair job parts list?
Reply #1 - 07/03/07 at 23:28:18

Here's the instructions

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1099227295

If your cap plug is bad, good chance you'll need to replace all the rubber up there.

The cap plug, the rubber covered washers, the egg shaped o-ring, the o-ring on the rocker arm, the oval o-rings for the rocker covers and while you're at it... get a spare exhaust gasket.  And anti-sieze for all the bolts.

And at 25k, I'd check the cam chain adjuster.  So get a clutch cover gasket.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #2 - 07/05/07 at 08:17:12

I seem to be heading down the road to having to do this job myself.  How long can I expect before it starts leaking again. Not looking foward to pulling this apart but sometimes these thing have to be done.
Steve

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 07/05/07 at 08:50:18

When I had the plug/cap leak, it was really just a nuisance.  It didn't leak all that much and mostly just meant more cleaning.  Replacing it wasn't difficult either.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 04:14:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Oil plug / cap repair job parts list?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.