Send Topic Print
Tank Removal (Read 6 times)
DocNeedles

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

British Columbia
Tank Removal
06/30/07 at 12:18:09

Just wanted to thank the tech section on their information on tank removal.  My bike wouldn't start and after getting a new spark plug I removed tank as per directions with aid of my Clymers and it went smoothly.  My used 86 with 11,000 miles on it had previously someone monkey wrench the carb and my mechanic put it back together with new jets but is waiting for a "flow tube" which she had to glue back together.  This repair improved my bike's running but it did eventually lightly carbon my spark plug and thereby stop it running.
My question is "What is a flow tube?" and any suggestions on how i can stop the plug from getting carboned up?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Tank Removal
Reply #1 - 06/30/07 at 13:18:07

My guess is that if she glued it back together, it's a plastic part.  Maybe the screened tube part of the petcock that goes up into the gas tank?
Light carbon on your plug shouldn't stop your bike from running.  Way too big jets, causing heavy plug fouling would.   Or, your petcock is leaking gas through the vacuum line.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/30/07 at 13:18:35

No idea what a flow tube is.
Re; Carbon, maybe jetted too rich. What jet is it? What exhaust? What intake mods are done?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 07/01/07 at 08:36:23

Maybe the air intake tube between the airbox and the carb?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
tuxedo

medium pimpin.

Hot Springs, AR
Reply #4 - 07/01/07 at 09:45:39

twenty bux says the mechanic cranked the carb out to the side and tore the airbox -> carb boot.  I got a bit of a tear on mine when I did the same.  Mohawk Quickshot is the best glue to use for that kinda stuff.

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.

86 Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:15:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tank Removal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.