Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Spark Knock... Oh No!! (Read 20 times)
toddlamp8

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Spark Knock... Oh No!!
Reply #30 - 08/01/07 at 20:28:19

Ugh, based on your noise description I think I have the same problem as you.  I get knock on the highway same as you.  If i'm cruising at 60mph in 4th (1986 LS650) and I hit the throttle I get knock (sounds like the headlight shaking but I know it's not).  I'm not sure I want to go through all of that though.  I need to adjust my valves though so i'm praying that that will fix it.  And i'm going to try the Mystery Oil too.

IP Logged
Richard_M
YaBB Newbies

Spring Hill, FL
Reply #31 - 08/02/07 at 15:16:40

Rockin_John wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
From all the parts out of place and stripped threads, I'm guessing the seller had a good idea they were selling your a load of trouble. That's a crappy way to do someone. I'd never knowingly pawn that kind of a POS off on someone without fixing it, or being honest about the condition and knocking the price down. Some people have no shame. Angry

That's the same thing that dawned on me as I started to tear it down. A head cover bolt was broken and siliconed in place in an attempt to prevent oil leakage, and one thing after another made me think someone had been in it before. When I found the cam "c" clip laying in the head, I knew it for sure. The old guy that I bought it from lives across the street from me and he is totally devastated with the whole situation. He bought from his son, who is most likely the dirtbag, just to sell it. This qualifies as a "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" type lesson.

Anyway, my wife is happy and you know what that means. Grin Wink

Singles are second only to Opposed Twins
  IP Logged
Richard_M
YaBB Newbies

Spring Hill, FL
Reply #32 - 08/02/07 at 15:18:50

toddlamp8 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I'm not sure I want to go through all of that though.  I need to adjust my valves though so i'm praying that that will fix it.  And i'm going to try the Mystery Oil too.

From my experience; valves tap, pistons slap. It really wasn't that bad, if you have a service manual. I know a lot more about her motorcycle now, that's for sure. Roll Eyes

Singles are second only to Opposed Twins
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:32:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Spark Knock... Oh No!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.