Emgo Air Filters (Read 30 times)
jwirtz333
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Emgo Air Filters
Reply #15 - 07/09/07 at 13:10:39

Rockin_John wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I'm having a terminology breakdown in this communication... How can you have acceleration with no power? To have strong acceleration requires that you have "power."  

I need a more clear description... Perhaps Dr_Jim is getting you right? Do you mean that it will take off good up to a point; then not rev on up its range with good power?

If so, his diagnosis is probably right: Sticky slide; jet uneedle/slide/vacuum diaphragm not assembled correctly...

Have you or anyone else been into the carb recently, and has it ever run completely well since you've had it?

Wonder what the reasoning was behind putting a "hot" plug in it? Man those things are just a hole in a piston waiting to happen.

What I meant by no power, is similar to a car with a carb.  When to punch it, there's no kickdown, just acceloration.  With my bike the same thing was happening.  It's probably same as Dr. Jim was describing, but I'm not sure how fast I could've got the bike going, with no power, I never took it past 40.

However, the bike came out of it.  It has great power now, it's like something broke loose.  Maybe it was the slide or just a stuck float.  But it still has significant backfire in exhaust.  I will try to richen it up a little and see if that helps.  I was wondering, is a backfire like this just the nature of the beast (single cylinder and harley muffler)?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 05:27:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Emgo Air Filters

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.