Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sissy bar and rack (Read 4 times)
luxup
Ex Member

Sissy bar and rack
06/27/07 at 07:47:19

While I wait for my left peg (antoher post) I'm looking at which sissy bar and rack to get.

I'll be using my bike to get to work, school and the gym.  Saddlebags don't appeal to me because I think someone will just walk away with them.  I basically want something that I can strap my bookbag/gymbag/any bag to.

I have seen pics of the standard backrest and rack but I'm concerned that they don't offer enough area for me to put my book filled backpack up against and strap in.

So, anybody have any suggestions as to what might work for me?

Thanks in advance all.

IP Logged
smokey02

Time flies like an
arrow, fruit flies
like bananas

Alta Loma, California
Re: Sissy bar and rack
Reply #1 - 06/27/07 at 08:06:21

Hi Luxup

I use a glove bag from Tbags.com. It's supposed to sit on a rack, but I have it facing forward sitting on the pillion. It has a pocket that slips down over the backrest and is securely tied down. They also make larger sizes like the EZ-T, Reno, Vegas and others. They have top carrying handles so you could untie it and take it into class with you. I take mine off when riding 2 up with my wife.

Maroon 96, HD turnout, Iridium, TKat brace, Big Crank, seat lift, Narva +50 w/ yellow filter in a XV920 9
WWW   IP Logged
luxup
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/27/07 at 08:23:09

I thought about something like that at first but I don't want to have to buy yet another bag.  I'm looking for that perfect sissybar rack combo that will let me tie down whatever bag I'm using that day be it satchel, knapsack or gymbag.

The standard backrest seems so small that I'm afraid that when I put my bag on it there won't be enough seat for me to secure my bag too.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #3 - 06/27/07 at 08:32:44

check the tech sect table of contents.

IP Logged
luxup
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/27/07 at 08:51:54

Thanks, will do.

IP Logged
glwharton
YaBB Newbies

I love My Suzie

Athens, Ohio
Reply #5 - 06/27/07 at 11:20:34

I bought the stock sissy bar and am able to tote just about any kind of bag I need to or even a helmet with no problem. I do, however use a retaining net to hold everything into place.

Gary

wndshld,Grips and Rests,Gel Seat,Sissy Bar,Baron Tach,Hghwy Bar,HD Headlight,Saddlebags,HL and BL modulators,Clock,Super Brace,Buckhorn Handlebars,Carb upgrade,Screamin' Eagle muff,signal minder
  IP Logged
pa.storm
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/27/07 at 20:19:13

I use 2 bungi cords to strap my bookbag to the sissy bar.  Just run them in an X pattern... have never had any problems.  I have even carried a tent and sleeping bag this way.

IP Logged
luxup
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/03/07 at 20:07:57

Did that today.  Had some bungee cord around and got my bookbag secured nice and good.  Picked up a cargo net which was better than the X pattern but my stuff still shifted a little.  Nothing major though.

Still, will feel better when the backseat comes and I put it on.  I had the shoulder straps wrapped around the tail lights.  Would much rather secure stuff to the seat of course.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:27:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sissy bar and rack

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.