Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
camshaft and carb. (Read 7 times)
jd06s40

live to ride

marion ohio
camshaft and carb.
06/25/07 at 14:34:07

interested in performance cam and carb. i seen the ones lancer offers and i am settled on it but need more info. can the stock trans handle the performance gains of this combo and how much power can i expect

06 s40 se muffler,152.5 mainjet,55pilot,whitespacer mod,suzuki windscreen,gel seat,sissybar more to come
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: camshaft and carb.
Reply #1 - 06/25/07 at 14:58:08

The performance difference from jetting & openning the intake up & putting the Supertrapp on was a Big jump. The cam was a nice Bump added to it. The power difference isnt so extreme as to make the tranny self destruct. It's not a fire breathing AA fueler. I shared the same concerns. I think it's possible to overbuild the engine & see blown tranny parts, but the cam & carb, intake & exhaust, I dont see doing it. If you go on to bore it & increase compression  I can see that as pushing it, but not even then would I be afraid of it.IF you go for the highest compression ratio the starter motor can handle, then you just might start having problems. Besides, you arent pulling anything. The bike is light, the tyhing will pull a wheelie before you can deliver too many horsepower to the rear wheel.All the tranny has to handle is really pretty low.So, maybe we cant even build an engine that would really threaten the tranny.  Just dont pop the clutch & try to do a burnout.

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #2 - 06/25/07 at 14:59:01

Lancer will likely chime in and correct me if I've misrepresented his mod...

Yes, the transmission can handle it, but you may need to replace/strengthen the clutch springs and or clutch.  And you can expect around 40 hp.

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #3 - 06/25/07 at 14:59:30

(That's up from about 30 hp...)

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 06/25/07 at 19:07:21

The estimated 30 hp for the Savage/S40 is measured at the crank, which likely works out to be about 25 hp at the rear wheel.

The carb, cam and good flowing muffler will bring it up to the mid 30's or better ... at the rear wheel.
My last best test run in the fall before tearing the bike down for the rebuild resulted in 45 hp, with most being in the 40-42 range.
With the porting done to the head I am hoping for results in the 55 hp range.

I do recommend that when installing the carb and cam kit that the clutch be checked to insure it is in good condition and that the standard clutch springs be replaced with the heavier duty version.

IP Logged
pa.storm
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/26/07 at 15:46:41

Does anyone have a website for these parts?  I am wanting to get more power but not sure where to look to find the parts.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 06/26/07 at 21:02:32

pa.storm wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Does anyone have a website for these parts?  I am wanting to get more power but not sure where to look to find the parts.

I will post the info on the "marketplace" ... the links have been updated.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:22:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › camshaft and carb.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.