Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Almost! So close, I can taste it (Read 11 times)
Setral
2005 No Login

Ressurection

KC Missouri
Re: Almost! So close, I can taste it
Reply #15 - 07/06/07 at 08:11:15

Fourth of July was spectacular. Early in the day I took apart the carb, tightened down the Pilot Jet, made sure the floats were moving properly. Put it all back together, put fuel in primed it, adjusted the pilot screw and started her up. Took a second but then she ran and ran and ran and ran and ran...

However, I started noticing some whitish colored smoke coming from where the exhaust pipe and muffler connect, and after I let her run for about 20 minutes I noticed same colored smoke maybe coming from the fins as well.

She started ticking a little, I think I need to warm her up again and change the oil, I thought I changed the oil last year but I might not have.

Plus side... she runs and idles. Downside, I still have to figure out where the charging system problem is, replace both the rear signals, track down the smoke, and make sure the light ticking was just from the oil. (Oil level was fine in the view window)

http://www.bikepics.com/members/setral/87savage/
100% Stock, needs a little work and another bath
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 07/06/07 at 09:01:11

You are making progress ... and that is good   Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 07/06/07 at 09:06:20

Most car mfg's recommend changing the oil every 3 months regardless of mileage.  Water and various other things accumulate in the oil and you need to get rid of that.  Most people change the oil prior to winter storage and then after.

If you haven't run it for a while, the white smoke is just burning off residues.  I wouldn't be concerns unless it's there next time.

WWW   IP Logged
jkhulon73
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/21/07 at 07:44:25

I finally figured out the problem I was having- whilst awaiting the new frame, I tore into the carb again. It would seem that when I cleaned it the first time, some of the residual gunk migrated into the pilot jet, properly sealing it. I soaked it in B12 for nearly 24 hours and spent about fifteen minutes this morning with a piece of wire just barely bigger than a human hair, reaming out the garbage. I would just go buy a new set, but I just don't feel like dealing with the stealership parts dept anytime soon- they seem to relish in treating people like they've never even seen a wrench before. Eventually, I guess I'll have to- planning on replacing the airbox with a cone someday soon...

Anyhow, we'll see if it worked once I finish painting the frame, tins, and put it all back together...

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #19 - 07/21/07 at 21:39:51

My jets were plugged solid. Ran a sewing needle eye through them. Still need to run on the first choke notch, but, it huals butt again. Cheap dirty fuel...sigh.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 07/22/07 at 06:08:49

You can never have too many fuel filters

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #21 - 07/23/07 at 21:50:55

I run one spec'd for 1600cc dual carb VWs...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:34:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Almost! So close, I can taste it

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!