Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
better footpegs? (Read 10 times)
Biker_13
Ex Member

better footpegs?
06/23/07 at 17:34:46

does anyone know where i can get some more comftable footpegs for ridding at highway speeds after today my feet but and hands where killing me from the vibration

IP Logged
mavrik

Toronto
Re: better footpegs?
Reply #1 - 06/23/07 at 18:15:57

I have the same problems

Solved two issues, Changed my grips to Kuryakin
and got an Airhawk seat cushion.

The pegs or actually just the right side get annoying at about 55mph. It gets so bad my nose tingles.

One more riding season with this bike then I'm getting something bigger next year.

We go on 6-8 hour rides on the weekends and I find it takes it's toll on me. The bike does fine, I get tired from the vibration and wind resistance.

Cheers

WWW   IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #2 - 06/23/07 at 19:33:43

mavrik wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
We go on 6-8 hour rides on the weekends and I find it takes it's toll on me. The bike does fine, I get tired from the vibration and wind resistance.

I agree, that makes for a long day. Check the lower end hardware. The fasteners for the pegs. If loose they will send a vibration right up the leg.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #3 - 06/23/07 at 20:57:58

A windshield will make a big difference in how tired you get on long rides.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Biker_13
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/23/07 at 22:13:25

i know they make vibration absorbing hand grips do they have anything like that for footpegs

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #5 - 06/24/07 at 06:33:27

i bought some ISO style footpegs, made by highwayhawk
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
luxup
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/11/07 at 07:43:20

Forgot where I read this but if you get those gellin' inserts for your shoes then that should help with the vibrations from the footpegs.

I have them and I'm not bothered by vibrations on the highway.  Of couse I'm still a newbie so when I'm on the highway I have a deathgrip on the handlebars and would not notice any vibration from the pegs even if I were barefoot.

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #7 - 07/11/07 at 08:05:42

I put elk hide leather wraps on my stock hand grips and that helped alot to reduce vibration (to my surprise) because i originally put them on there to ease up on the HOT temps that happen with the summer riding.

The elk hide was left over from wrapping a chrome metal sailboat wheel. Same principal - make it more comfortable and cooler.

My footpegs bother me on long highway driving too, but now that I've added the gel seat, leather hand grips and fork brace, I've noticed an overall reduction in foot vibs.

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
firsts40

Proud PGR Member

South Mississippi
Reply #8 - 07/11/07 at 18:58:38

The only complaint I have with the foot pegs, is I would like something just a slight bit longer.  As far as vibration, I haven't an issue with that yet.  Sometimes I go on 400+ miles, and the vibration hasn't been an issue.  I have around 5800 miles on my 06 S40.
Smiley

Dana from Misissippi
Riding with Respect
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 05:31:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › better footpegs?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.