Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More comfortable seat? (Read 9 times)
ladyonasavage
Ex Member

More comfortable seat?
06/22/07 at 07:46:25

Hi Guys!  Now that I've put a few hundred miles on my bike I've noticed that my butt is killing me! OUCH.....
What I would like to know... Is there another seat that would be more of my fit?  I'm only 5' tall and have really short legs  Angry  Anyway, the seat is cutting into the inside of my legs and after a few miles it really hurts.
Does the harley seat ride more comfortable or is it too large for me?  Please, any advise would be much appreciated.  Also, where can I buy aftermarket stuff (fringes, chrome levers, etc), for the savage?
Thanks all, ride carefull.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: More comfortable seat?
Reply #1 - 06/22/07 at 07:58:08

Lady,  there is soo many different ways to go.
I suggest you go to the Harley place and sit on a Sportster (the seat that most use on a Savage) before you go that way.
Others have done Gel seats.
I kind of went my own way and used an airhawk as a part of the seat.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

The result is actually a lower seat than the stock one.. I'm pretty sure.  I need to measure when I am sitting on it.
Use the "search" function on the forum, and you will find a LOT of information.
Good luck!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/22/07 at 23:10:25

Sounds to me like you would benefit by pulling the seat cover & cutting some foam at the edges of the seat. Sit on it & use a white crayon to lightly mark where your thighs crease it inward, then relieve it like that. An electric knife works well I hear.

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #3 - 06/23/07 at 06:49:42

you didn't mention what year your bike is, some folks have put the later seat from an S40 on a savage and reported back with favorable results. debby is 5'5" with thick rubtogether thighs, so the inseam fit is an issue. i put a sportster seat on debby's savage, and she was extremely pleased with the results(one of best mods i've ever done to it). i dont believe the seat height changes significantly, if at all, but the front comes up and you sit a little further back. also, once the bike is equipped to use a sportster seat, there are LOTS of aftermarket options.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 06/23/07 at 13:02:57

The lady is on an older Savage (I'm not up on what years had what markings.)  Her Avatar is:

'Cept for the windscreen looks to be bone stock.

WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 06/23/07 at 16:38:14

I'm using the classic one piece gel seat from an '04 on my '02 which I ordered new from the stealership. It is a little narrower than the stock and sits about 1/2 lower. With the front of the seat lifted it is a big improvement over the stock butt buster. The big drawback is that it costs a lot new. Suzuki offers two different styles, the classic and the pillow top, from what you are saying the classic should fit better. Just look around and check out the options before buying, there are a lot of choices out there.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
ladyonasavage
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/23/07 at 19:47:57

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
The lady is on an older Savage (I'm not up on what years had what markings.)  Her Avatar is:

'Cept for the windscreen looks to be bone stock.

It is a 2001, and now has a new windshield (one in photo is for sale, make offer), harley exhaust, new jets, etc.  That was last years photo when I bought it.
Thanks for all the advice.  I'll try taking off the cover and cutting off a few inches first, maybe put a small gel-pad in there too.  If that doesn't work, I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new gel-seat.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #7 - 06/23/07 at 19:52:58

many have answered the seat question, i'll address the accessories question,  the short answere is, NO there are not many accessories designed to fit the savage.

it's a matter of trial and error, making something work, or going without.

i've said it before, i'll say it again.

THE ONLY THING THAT CURES MONKEE BUTT IS TIME IN THE SADDLE.... PERIOD.

oh yeah,  welcome

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 01:29:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › More comfortable seat?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.