Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Quick question (Read 2 times)
Lochson
Ex Member

Quick question
06/18/07 at 20:00:39

I have my jet kit from Lancer and my K&N pod filter. I haven't made a firm decision about exhaust yet.

Can I go ahead and put the jets and filter on if I open up the stock exhaust a bit? If so can anyone tell me how much to open if and the best way to do it?

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Re: Quick question
Reply #1 - 06/18/07 at 20:39:04

I wouldn't recommend trying to open-up the stock muffler.  I'd bet you'll just mess up your bottom end power and add noise but little top-end.  There are a few others here who have tried that and might chime in.

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/18/07 at 22:50:04

Messing with that muffler is as big a waste of time as chroming an anchor. Hold off on trying to get the engine all the fuel it will need till you can move the air thru it. As soon as the exhaust is on,l then you can open the intake, then you can start jetting to put the right amount of fuel into the flow of air you have created thru the engine.

IP Logged
Lochson
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/19/07 at 06:29:16

I thought that might be the answer. I will just hold off until I make a decision on exhaust.
Thanks both of you

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 01:32:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Quick question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.