Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
light problem (Read 1 times)
bleuet
Ex Member

light problem
06/12/07 at 19:34:46

i just got a 1996 savage with 25000 kms (15000 miles), and here is my question. When i purchased the bike, the owner told me that the headlight  and the horn were not working. When i picked it up, i started it for a litle road test and by miracle, the headlight and horn were working fine. It was the last time that i could have them on. I checked  for the fuses  and i found 2 under the seat (20 amp) but they are good. Where are the others fuses location and do you have any suggestion on what to check?. Please excuse my english.... i an a french canadian from Quebec , Canada.

IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Re: light problem
Reply #1 - 06/12/07 at 20:34:40

Welcome to the land of Single Cylinders. I don't know if you have a manual yet but that may be a good start. Secondly did the previous owner say why they don't work. The horn and headlight share a common ground to the horn switch. Seems the only way to find out is get a tester out and start looking for shorts or broken wires. Look closely doesn't take much to pinch an old wire.
BTW.... Your english is far better than my French. Good Luck. let us know what you find.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #2 - 06/13/07 at 06:12:39

and to complete the aswer: If you found 2 fuses you found them ALL.

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
bleuet
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/16/07 at 15:03:20

Hi every ones. I just fixed my light problem. I remouved the tank following the instruction on this site and under it, the is a big yellow connecter wrapper in a black envelope. one of the contact was the trouble. Too easy.
Now, i gonna take care of the engin bad oil leaking. There is alot of oil comming out from the front head of my engine (facing the front on the bike, the leak is on the left side of the pipe.
any help !!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #4 - 06/16/07 at 16:15:49

Welcome- for the oil leak, look into "cap/plug leak" in the technical section- see if it looks like your other issue.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 06/16/07 at 20:12:59

HI bleuet and welcome! Where in PQ are you?

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
bleuet
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/16/07 at 20:35:37

I am from Lac St-Jean. It's 200 kms north Quebec City. Rvrn if i am not a mecanic, i will try to fix by mysell the cap / plug leak. i saw on this site how to do it with the pictures. I was resding also that some peoples had somes problems while torking somes bolts. Please tell me what to be carrefull with and things that i shoud know. I ordered the Clymer book from the states and i should receive it in 2 weeks. Is there an other place for that info on how to tork the bolts ?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:26:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › light problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.