Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Differences in Carb and Model Year? (Read 5 times)
Balderdash

Minnesota
Differences in Carb and Model Year?
06/04/07 at 10:14:46

someone was telling me that a Carb off of a Savage in the 80's is richer than a Carb of the 90's Savage and 2000's S40.  

I know that the original savage had a 4 speed transmission, but I never heard anything about switching carbs out and couldn't find anything to make me think this was true with a quick online search engine scan...

Can anyone here confirm or deny that an older carb is different than then newer carbs?

Mikuni BS40SS for both wasn't it?

IP Logged
tuxedo

medium pimpin.

Hot Springs, AR
Re: Differences in Carb and Model Year?
Reply #1 - 06/04/07 at 10:22:44

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.

86 Savage
  IP Logged
Sarge
YaBB Newbies
Alliance Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 06/04/07 at 11:08:00

The carb jetting specs shown in the Suzuki manual and in Reply # 1 to your message are not correct for all California models.  I have a 2003 California model and opened the carb up for rejetting.  I found the jet sizes were the same as USA models, not smaller as the list shows. I am the only one to have worked on my ??? carb. I wonder if there any other California Savage owners out there with similar findings?  

???

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 06/04/07 at 11:34:18

I stumbled accross this yesterday and noticed the same thing.  My CA model (it does have the carbon canister) has a 145 in it.

Some of the Out of Country members have stated the different numbers though.  So maybe that should read 'rest of the world'

WWW   IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #4 - 06/04/07 at 12:21:59

I took the useless Carbon-Canister off form my 97' CA model and now use it to level the bike and check the Oil Level by placing it under the stand, fits perfectly  Grin

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 07:31:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Differences in Carb and Model Year?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.