Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fuel/mileage/Idle issues '02 savage (Read 6 times)
Sonofagun333
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Key West Florida
Fuel/mileage/Idle issues '02 savage
06/04/07 at 06:40:54

Why am I getting 30 miles/gal?!!!  

It seems that im running through a larger amount of fuel than normal, and I can't find or smell any leaks from the tank, carb, lines or petthingy.  Every time I hit the station I fill the tank up with roughly 2.1 gal of fuel, and after 50-60 miles or so, have to switch to the reserve.  This is a recent problem, a few months ago it didnt seem like this was happening.  A few thoughts...  

Is my idle too high?  Would carring a passenger for more than 50% of my riding time have that much of an impact?  Im basically at sea level, so im getting oxygen into the carb...not quite sure what I am jetted at, or have messed with the air/fuel mixture screw.  And like I said, I dont smell gas at all, or have any pooling underneath my parking space.  Im using 87, but before I was using a higher octane and getting more bang for the buck...but could that affect my mileage so much?

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Re: Fuel/mileage/Idle issues '02 savage
Reply #1 - 06/04/07 at 07:04:45

As I understand what you are saying is that you were getting OK gas mileage before and now you are not?

If so, something changed. Now you need to figure out what or tell us what changed. Otherwise we would be just guessing at possible causes. We could start at the most likely culprits, but we would still be just guessing. Are you saying that the jetting, the air/fuel mixture screw setting or the idle has been changed (by someone else) in a time frame that could explain the loss of gas mileage? Or did you change any of the above and don't know what you changed them to? How many miles have you ridden on this MC, before the change/ after the change?

Do you know what condition you spark plug is in?
What mileage were you getting before?

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #2 - 06/04/07 at 07:10:26

switch back to better fuel and compare, that would certainly be of great interest. packing double should affect the performance and fuel useage some, but not from the stock 50mpg to 30mpg. is the air filter clean and dry? i've had the air box fill with oil/fuel then soak the filter, and the stock paper wont flow through moisture. also check your motor oil, and make sure your carb isn't flooding into the crankcase, btdt. D@MN i hate that cv carb.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/04/07 at 16:56:18

If your float stopped floating it would sure get rich.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 01:26:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fuel/mileage/Idle issues '02 savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.