Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Tkat fork brace order READY! (Read 159 times)
BCman
YaBB Newbies

Sooke, BC Canada
Re: Tkat fork brace order READY!
Reply #30 - 06/06/07 at 23:07:57

Tkat's current price is $90 shipped to the USA; $92 to Canada and $97 for offshore.  This price includes the shipping.  For non- US purchasers, send a money order for the correct amount in US dollars.

The level of interest was more that expected, so another production run is being planned.    Wink

BCman

BCman
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #31 - 06/11/07 at 20:47:43

Got mine in the mail today.
It's on and I'm ready to give it a go!   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #32 - 06/12/07 at 04:41:31

did you guys get any correspondence(sp) from tkat before you got it in the mail? Like, did he e-mail you to let you know it was coming? I sent a check but haven't heard from him yet.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #33 - 06/12/07 at 06:47:37

Well i was hoping to see my brace in the mail this week, but now will email tkat with my model and year.  

East coast to west coast USPS the check last week, so no telling when he will get the payment.

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #34 - 06/12/07 at 07:20:13

No, I didn't get an email that it was on it's way.
Was kinda surprised it arrived so quickly.  Normally, they wait until the check clears.

1st ride report... You know that line in the road that make your bars wobble and the rear feels like it in sand?  Somebody smoothed them all out last while I was sleeping.  I'll have to go look for some more.   Grin

Update! 2nd ride report... Yep! somebody sanded down all the wobbles off the east bound side too!  Was able to straight line a crack that made me look like I was sloloming the bop dots.   Grin Grin Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #35 - 06/13/07 at 15:16:57

Arrived today Grin put it on, and hopefully the rain will stop someday so I can test it out.  Thanks Tkat.  Was there a thread about polishing up the aluminum??  Thinking ahead to this coming Winter.

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #36 - 06/13/07 at 15:28:55

I had My tkat delivered to where I work and it arrived today. I went out and put it right on (it took about a minute) and on the way home I noticed an amazing difference. I intentionally drove over as many pavement snakes as I could and couldn't even tell they were there. And on a few sharp curves that usually have me wobbling all over the road, well lets just say the difference is like night and day. probably the best mod I've done yet(except the sporty muff and sporty seat and re-jetting and....I guess they were all good mods). Can't wait to do something else to it. Any suggestions?

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Holodeck

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seattle
Reply #37 - 06/13/07 at 17:02:29

I got a heavier bike for $90.

Got it in the mail today. Very easy to put on, the fit was amazing. I could feel the difference in first gear. Took it down to the 30 mph ( posted ) twistys around  Lake Washington, ran her up to  what I thought was 40+, looked down at the speedo and it read almost 60. I'm going to hit the much hated super slab this weekend and see what happens.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 06/13/07 at 17:10:57

Get a cam from Lancer. Puts a noticeable Whoomp in it.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #39 - 06/14/07 at 05:41:25

Yup, a fork brace is definitely a worthwhile addition to the LS650.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
smokey02

Time flies like an
arrow, fruit flies
like bananas

Alta Loma, California
Reply #40 - 06/14/07 at 11:54:55

klx650sm2002

I got that fork bag at a co. xmas gift exchange a year and a half ago, so I don't know where it came from. Brand name sez 'Bell' but it's probably from China?

As for the Tkat fork brace, I've had it since Aug '06 and it really smooths out the ride, changes those tar snakes and wobblies to more like a straight up and down motion.

Maroon 96, HD turnout, Iridium, TKat brace, Big Crank, seat lift, Narva +50 w/ yellow filter in a XV920 9
WWW   IP Logged
BornOnFire
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 06/14/07 at 14:02:13

Saw the leather "Bell" Fork Bag at Wal Mart last weekend for $27.00.

IP Logged
S40NewYork

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!

Reply #42 - 06/15/07 at 07:19:57

Lurker here, don't post very much.  Luv the site though.  I just emailed Tkat to be put on wait list too.  Looks like we're on our way to getting enuf people in line to make a 2nd run worthwhile!

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #43 - 06/15/07 at 15:21:38

secondary bonus- my savage seems to run better over the "snakes" and, as an added bonus, the wind blasts on my windshield didn't seem to make the bike shake it head as much. Cheesy

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #44 - 06/16/07 at 15:03:26

An update at last - the tkat fork brace came in late last week, and I finally got it on last night.  This was done VERY easily, and it fits together better than some of the stock parts already on the bike.

So today was the big test; and guess what? This bike is now TIGHT!  Cheesy

That was the word that came to mind when I took a 2 hour ride over the back roads, tar snakes, potholes, curves, with passing logging trucks, and wind gusts from the open fields at 15-20+

From a girl perspective (as a girl with not much upper body strength) it comes down to this - the fork brace steadies the front end significantly and you no longer have to fight to keep it straight when encountering these obstacles.

I noticed right away that the wind gusts didn't wobble the bike anymore. Then it took WAY less strength for me to cruise long distance over tar snakes and past open fields. This in turn meant a more comfortable, longer ride (no need to take a rest break because my arms and shoulders are tired).

The entire ride is more comfortable, and I felt like I had much better control, therefore rode more relaxed, and had a great first ride with the new brace.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED addition to our Savage!  8)

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 11:26:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tkat fork brace order READY!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.