Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
bike problems (Read 2 times)
bruiser81
Ex Member

bike problems
05/23/07 at 19:42:44

So i bought my bike bout 3 weeks ago and love it.  When I got it the thing ran like a gem.  It had 9600 miles on it.  The last owner was an a/p mechanic so he put a dyno jet kit on it and a new hd muffler.  I do not know anything bout bikes so whatever great.  He also said that he had installed new breaks on it.  I took it on about a 200 mile round trip tour ouch on me booty.  After that ride it has been puttering when i give it gas, there is a weird sound coming from the back wheel area that sounds like a wheel that needs to be greased you know and it usually happens when I start to give it gas not like when I am coasting but while i throttle up and change gears.  The breaks are starting to sound ruff as well.  So there you go several problems in one.  I am the guy that posted the oil leak from underneath the kickstand and you all were great about replying to that thanks.  I am working on getting some pics of where it is coming from.  Anyone know of a book I could buy that would be like a schematic of my engine.  That way I could learn about it and not have to bug you all.

Thanks

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: bike problems
Reply #1 - 05/23/07 at 22:32:01

POssible ya bought some crummy gas? has it been raining a lot wher you got the gas/ Was the last place ya filled up down in a low place?
Squeaky? The belts can sure do it. They tend to squeak after the y get wet. Mine only squeaks when the wheel turns, I am just extra lucky that way.

Brakes sounding grunchy? Front or rear? Grunchy or squeaking? rear squeals some, depending on toe pressure. Too light & it will squeal a bit. Too heavy & it locks up. ( Mine anyway, & Ive messed with it, a lot)

There are 2 manuals available. Clymers & Suzuki. I have Suzuki & thare are a few places that are very unclear, or my head is cloudy.. Clymers is well thought of, even tho there are issues in it, but the guys here know what the mistakes are & you wont get in trouble.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: bike problems
Reply #2 - 05/24/07 at 05:40:58

So far as the brakes feeling wrong, I assume you're talking about the front brake.  I'd check the brake pads and see what they look like, as well as the disc and look at the fluid level.  Squeaking from the back could be the belt squeaking and it may be in need of adjustment.  In any case, I highly recommend you get a manual.  The Clymers is available on Amazon.com and other online bookstores, and often eBay.  It does have some problems and folks here have tried to point them out, where known, in a thread in the Tech Ref forum.  The Clymers is geared toward the novice mechanic.  The Suzuki Service manual is more complete and not prone as to errors.  I like having both but will always default to the SSM in the event of a conflict.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:25:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › bike problems

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.