Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Favorite Rides
05/23/07 at 09:59:58

Here's the route I took in my Shakedown Ride post:

Definitely one of my favorites!

What's yours?

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: Favorite Rides
Reply #1 - 05/23/07 at 14:00:35

Hey! Where's my "Green with Envy" emoticon?

My "fun rides" are all just the roads from the house to town, 2 routes, one with a little road with quite a few turns, the other with just a couple. Practicing on each is fun, but that route of yours looked like a real load of grins.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 05/23/07 at 15:50:46

IMHO there is nothing more relaxing than a slow putt thru the Mojave under a Full Moon.  Haven't told the wife yet, but if nothing serious happens to stop me, on Friday, June 1st, at or about 11:30 pm, I'll be filling up at the Pilot Travel Center #307 on Indian Ave just south of the I-10 in North Palm Springs. (A)  Get a cup of coffee and some food and wait to see if anyone shows up.  (no one did last time.)    After midnight it is onto the I-10, 50 miles east to exit 120 and Box Canyon Rd, north into Joshua Tree National Park.  (B) At 1 AM, the full moon should be high in the sky.  36 miles north along a paved road with *NO* other traffic to the Pinto Wye (C), a left and 21 miles to the park exit (D).  Somewhere along the ride through the park I'll be pulling over for a break and brewing a cup of tea.  A 36 mile jaunt thru sleeping Joshua Tree and Yucca Valley and Desert Hot Springs takes me back to the same Pilot Travel Center -- after 140 miles I'll be needing gasoline, which is why you need to know where the 24 hour stations are.

The 110 miles to/from Home & N. Palm Springs doesn't count as a part of the ride.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #3 - 05/23/07 at 16:25:59

so the first group ride of the year,  full moon.

for those who may not know, we do virtual rides where we all do the same type of ride then post stories and pics.    

sounds like a good one to me

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #4 - 05/23/07 at 17:47:25

I'll do the virtual group ride but I don't have a desert to ride through. I'll have to either head for the mountains (about an hour away) or the beach (about 20 minutes away). Or I could stay at home and sit on my butt and have a beer. I'll have to give this some thought. I'll get back to you later.
AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 05/23/07 at 17:55:42

Well, looks like a full moon will be on the 31st - a Wednesday.  Not great for a long ride.  Memorial Day would be close, but roads will be more dangerous than usual.  Next looks like June 29th is a full moon and a Friday.  Might I suggest that date?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
tuxedo

medium pimpin.

Hot Springs, AR
Reply #6 - 05/23/07 at 18:45:40

y'know, this sucks.  I have some of the most beautiful riding roads around my hometown, and they are just gorgeous at night.

The part that sucks is, I won't be riding on a Friday night at around 1130-1am because I live in the only wet county with bars for about 45-60 miles around.  You drive late on a Friday, there are a LOTTA drunks out.  Like whoa, you're all drunk, jeez.

And they're driving to or from a party or club that they don't really know the location of.

And 20 miles from my house is the most populous gated community in North America.  Full of old people(no offense old people).  In Cadillacs.  With perma-blinkers.  And no peripheral vision.  And a complete disregard for "Left Turn Yield on Green."

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.

86 Savage
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #7 - 05/23/07 at 20:19:26

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Well, looks like a full moon will be on the 31st - a Wednesday.  Not great for a long ride.  Memorial Day would be close, but roads will be more dangerous than usual.  Next looks like June 29th is a full moon and a Friday.  Might I suggest that date?
Absolutely!  I won't be able to make next weekend as we have tickets to Disneyland Wescom Night and will be at California Adventure from 4pm Friday to 1am Saturday.  I will not be in shape for a long ride.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:32:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Favorite Rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.