handle bars (Read 6 times)
lollegag
YaBB Newbies

I love motorbikes

ohio not in the U.K. now toto
handle bars
05/22/07 at 04:45:49

Hello all just a note about some stuff that worked for me
rotating the handle bars .I was having quite a lot of pain in my hands ,thumb joints and back along the top of my thumbs and most of my throttle hand palm,also my back and bum.So rather than try to get some bars like my old gt250's to spread my arms and lift them higher I rotated the bars it was a bit of inspired genius adjust the mirrors and I ride much more comfortably and have actualy ridden 45 miles in one go with not much bum numbing  but it makes me sit up a little straighter more wind resistance but I find I can manage that.Now all I need to do is set the angle for the bar ends from what ever it is to closer to 90degrees from the front wheel.My wrists are still a bit uncomfortable but the whole bike rides a lot better for me I might even keep the thing it was so uncomfortable I was going to trade it for a Triumph but can"t afford to really.Butt I'm much happier with the bike now a 2003 stock savage Ta Ta (English slang for GOODBYE)

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Re: handle bars
Reply #1 - 05/22/07 at 04:49:01

As the old saying goes:

If the bike fits, ride it!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
grim

San Jose,CA
Reply #2 - 05/22/07 at 07:12:44

I just did the same thing a couple days ago.  The ride is better, with less numbness,....improved but still .......eh

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 05/22/07 at 07:32:47

Not to the same extent, but yeah me too.

Tried 3 different bars and the best was using low rise harley bars with the high risers.

The stock drag bars are nice, but all I could see in the mirrors was my shoulders.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 02:35:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › handle bars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.