skepticalnewt
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Upstate New York
S40 Boulevard Webpage
05/21/07 at 06:55:39

I wrote up a webpage about my S40 Boulevard.

http://steveclaflin.bravehost.com/boulevard.html

sn

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: S40 Boulevard Webpage
Reply #1 - 05/21/07 at 07:06:20

I'm glad you enjoy the bike and I'd like to personally thank you for your write-up of the folks here.  I think you summed this community up pretty well.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #2 - 05/21/07 at 07:23:30

Ditto on the summary of this forum. And I would personaly like to thank you for the last statement about scary "looking" bikers not being what they look like. If only that would catch on. The heavy boots and leather are there for a reason. The patches and pins are there to make statements like bumper stickers or trace your travels like the stickers you see all over motorhomes. Same idea, different canvas. After 40 years of riding maybe things are changing.   Hutch

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
mavrik

Toronto
Reply #3 - 05/21/07 at 08:28:13

Hey Newt great page.

When we ride in a group and stop for coffee/gas or whatever most people are freaked out.

The old biker mentality the 1% who have created the image of rape and pilage terrifies people.

I guess I have to admit, if I saw 25 bikes pulling in somewhere I used to get the h*ell out of the way. But since I ride now it's sort of an instant brotherhood.

Funny story we had a ride on saturday 3 hrs north, the town was closed down for a chrome and shine show, old cars bikes anything unique was on display.

My little Savage got alot of attention:

Is that a single?
Man that's a small bike
Can you keep up with these guys?
etc etc etc

when we hit the gas station I fill up 6.75 for me
The Harley's bigger Suzuki's and Kawasaki's were all over 23.00

Even my own club can't believe that little Savage, cheap to run faster than them up to 60mph and it handles great.

I was thinking of getting a bigger bike next year but now I'm not sure now.

as far as this site I LOVE it Grin. I have learned so much here  it's the best
Cheers

WWW   IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #4 - 05/21/07 at 08:51:11

You expressed my feelings for this bike exactly!  Only difference is, I bought it so my wife can ride it, as well as having a second bike for when my daughter and son in law come to visit.  As for the wife, she's signing up for motorcycle training -- we'll see if she likes riding.  I know she enjoys day rides, but no longer finds pillioning all day on the interstate to be much fun.  Come to think of it, I'd rather save my energy for the twisties, too!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #5 - 05/21/07 at 09:27:47

Yes the biker stereotype is alive and well. I get the OPPOSITE reaction when people see me (see photo link) and find out I ride. "You don't look like a biker!!"

Well who does?  Each biker is different, and our main similarity is that we love/live to ride.

I am a grant manager and do 18th century living history events. I'm sure there are plenty of others on the forum who have wildly different backgrounds, but we all love our thumpers!

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
mavrik

Toronto
Reply #6 - 05/21/07 at 14:50:03

[quote author=skatnbnc link=board=RubberSideDown;num=1179755739;start=0#5 date=05/21/07 at 09:27:47]

I am a grant manager and do 18th century living history events. I'm sure there are plenty of others on the forum who have wildly different backgrounds, but we all love our thumpers!

Guess what I do?

I sell DIAMONDS....you know a girls best friend

I wear a suit all day,nobody can believe it when I gear up for riding.

Freaks em' right out, Ihave only been riding for about 12 months now but I LOVE it

Cheers

WWW   IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #7 - 05/21/07 at 15:04:25

mavrik wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:

Guess what I do?

I sell DIAMONDS....you know a girls best friend

Cheesy I think I have both of you beat.

I'm a children's librarian.  I spend my days reading children's books, doing crafts, singing songs, and playing with puppets.  The looks I get when I throw my leg over the bike at the end of the day are always priceless.

And skepticalnewt, I think you hit the nail on the head about this forum.  This is a great place...except it's not really a place, but it almost is...kinda...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #8 - 05/21/07 at 15:30:03

Nice write-up Steve. I couldn't have said it better myself. I love my little thumper. Some HD people look at it funny but when I blow them off the line they re-think their first impression. I might get a bigger bike someday  but until then, I'M HAPPY!!!!

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
skepticalnewt
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Upstate New York
Reply #9 - 05/22/07 at 05:31:11

Thanks guys.

sn

IP Logged
Scottwerty

It's not a Gang!
It's a Club!

Mass
Reply #10 - 05/22/07 at 15:41:54

Great write-up Steve. Sums up everything about this little bike.  Keep on thumping
       -Scott-

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:33:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › S40 Boulevard Webpage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.