Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Metzeler "front an back" (Read 8 times)
PA KID
Ex Member

Metzeler "front an back"
05/20/07 at 08:51:58

I'm amazed at the difference a tire change can bring out in a bike.Last year i put a metzler on the front an was very happy
with the turn in feel an feed back.The Irc on the back still had life so it stayed, till day before yesterday when my new metzler 140/90-15 arrived fed-x.Metzlers are 3 ply vs 2 ply stockers with a conciderable tread depth difference.My local mech changed it for 8 bucks,an know its a whole new riding machine.Rear brake pads looked good but know as i think bout it should of put the new set of Ebc's in when i had it off.
It'll give me somethin to do on a rainy day.

IP Logged
Holodeck

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seattle
Re: Metzeler "front an back"
Reply #1 - 05/20/07 at 09:48:24

I bought my 02 last year after many years without a bike. It had a new Dunlop 404 on the back and half worn out IRC on the front.

The drag racing part of riding came back in about 20 seconds, but the cornering felt wrong. I thought it was from the long layoff, but as time went on it didn't get any better.

I had always wanted white walls, so I put a Maxxis Classic M6011 on the front. I knew that tires needed to be broken in, so I carefully rode out the muddy yard, down the leafy alley and around the wet corner and it was like I was on tracks.

For me, geting rid of the stock tire was one of those " I should have done it a long time ago" things

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:13:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Metzeler "front an back"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.