Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: update pics
Reply #1 - 05/20/07 at 07:24:37

so if you ride that down to the local dealer - they still believe that is the poorest suzuki ever made ? - might point out for what we can tell the problem is not the bike here - it's the dealers, they cause the oil leaks at the very first service 'cause they don't know how to seal a rubber plug.

good looking ride - enjoy!

IP Logged
tuxedo

medium pimpin.

Hot Springs, AR
Reply #2 - 05/20/07 at 07:33:37

I like it.  I like it a lot.  That strutted fender looks great, as well as the seat, wheels, and whitewalls.  Looks like someone knows wtf they're doing.

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.

86 Savage
  IP Logged
norway
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/20/07 at 10:02:50

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/904752/
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/904753/

Here's a little info on my ride: its a 1986 an has lots of miles on it, but with the proper lovin' care it has never had any major problems. I have on the other hand tinkered with it,and made some slight modifications.
The exhaust is a supertrapp, and works exelent, it even reduced the infamous backfire to a tiny "boff". I have removed the snorkel in the air filterbox and increased fuel flow, so that its not that lean. The backfire is totally gone.
I must admit that I have used some Harley parts like dragbars, the seat and rear fender witch by the way is of an old electraglide. The fender was obviously to big so I chopped it down vith an anglegrinder until I was happy with the shape of it. I have also done the plug cap seal, head gasket, replaced all the bolts in the engine, because I broke off the first four using almost no torque at all, so I figuered the the rest of the bolts was crap too. I haven't done the white spacer mod. since this is a 1986 and the mod. is unnecessary on the older bikes.
All this work has given me hours and hours of pleassure in my garage and also improved how the bike handles, and that's what its all about isn'it??

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 05/20/07 at 10:45:24

Inspired ride!   Classic lines!  Great photo's and scenery too!
You said it's high miles, How many?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
norway
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/20/07 at 11:21:26

Hello there and thanx for the reply.The savage has   150 000 km on it, approx. 95 000 miles. still handles great

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 05/20/07 at 13:46:16

Bravo.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:23:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › update pics

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.