Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Who runs a Raask or Supertrapp ? (Read 22 times)
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Who runs a Raask or Supertrapp ?
05/17/07 at 21:36:18

Just wanted to get some feedback on these 2 pipes ( look, quality, loudness, cost etc) . The Raask is a full system and the supertrapp is a slip on right ?

Any pics would also be appreciated.

Thanx

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
Doc_Holliday
Ex Member

Re: Who runs a Raask or Supertrapp ?
Reply #1 - 05/17/07 at 21:41:56

Go take a look at the thread in the tech section titled "savage sounds" there you can hear both of the pipes you mentioned, plus quite a few others. As for the quality and look ect, ill let the others chime in. I have a screamin eagle on mine, and its probably the meanest sounding IMO, probably also the most annoying if youre not into that kinda thing. -DOC

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #2 - 05/17/07 at 22:37:32

I've got both!

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #3 - 05/18/07 at 16:47:58

strangeling wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
The Raask is a full system and the supertrapp is a slip on right ?

Correct. The Supertrapp is a megaphone muffler. The Raask is a full exhaust system. Here's a pic of my Supertrapp. Not a great one, but should give you an idea Smiley

http://members.cox.net/sweetiesmaltese/savage1.jpg

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #4 - 05/18/07 at 21:04:00

I've run the Trapp on the stock header w/6 discs, Sluggo has it now. It worked fine but wasn't quite the sound I was looking for. I ran a Highway Hawk Drag pipe about a week and it was too loud even with the HD FXD muffler. HH is singel wall tubing and not very thick. Then got a used RAASK. Used the RAASK as a head(er) pipe for the HD FXD muffler. Cut the last foot of the RAASK and the Hd slid over the inner pipe and under the outer one, no clamp needed. Used a piece of bar stock in the 2 OE muffler support holes and the heat shield clamps for a sportser Upper muffler that I had around the bar stock and it has worked fine for many miles. Next will be a porcelanized Fiat Hesson tractor muffler on the RAASK header and if it works like I think it will, then next winter I'll get the RAASK porcelanized as I think that will work nicely. Will try the B-i-L's muffler before I order one as the local tractor dealer says they are expensive, but he has only sold one and that was not worn out but had a bullet hole in it. CU. FT air flow should be OK as it is on a 33HP or so Diesel.  Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #5 - 05/18/07 at 21:40:44

There's always the Cherry Bomb option too.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/18/07 at 22:13:35

Are yiou SURe you want a muffler someone might shoot? If someone hated that muffler on a tractor, out in a field, so bad they shot it, are you wanting to sit that close to one in traffic? OR, was the shot made at the farmer? Man, you beter THink about this stuff!

I am very7 happy with the SuperTrapp, but have no experience with the sound/ performance improvements afforded by different exhaust systems. Another approach may work better & sound better at the same time for less money.
The nice thing about the Supertrapp is the tuneability. Disks can be added & subtracted to get the jetting ballanced Just Right. ( OR, that's the theory, I havent accomplished Air / Fuel Nirvana quite yet, tho I continue to meditate on it daily)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:21:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Who runs a Raask or Supertrapp ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.