Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sorry to do this... Pilot Jet Question (Read 10 times)
Probert31
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Sorry to do this... Pilot Jet Question
05/16/07 at 14:17:18

I have tried to search the forum for the answer but got some different opinions.  What I was looking for is the part number for a #55 pilot jet on a 2005 S40.  I went to the dealer, twice, and got the wrong one both times.  The first was a long and slender version, obviously not for the S40 and the second had a number of bleed holes on it.  After installing the second version, I can only ride about 1/2 mile before it just dies and refuses to start.  I have also developed quite a backfire (somewhat like a shotgun) now.  The part number was KM555.  When I looked it up, it seems to be for a Kawasaki, also with a mikuni carb.  After reading various posts, someone recommended part number N151.067, an OEM part for CV carbs.  Someone else recommended a pilot jet with bleed holes.  I am a little confused as you see.  Does anyone have any idea which pilot jet I need?  Has the N151.067 worked for anyone else?  Thanks  for your help.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: Sorry to do this... Pilot Jet Question
Reply #1 - 05/16/07 at 15:54:09

52.5 = 09492-52010 for 1996 - current

from: http://www.fortcollinsmotorsports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

genrallythe easiest thing to do is take out the one that came in there and bring it down and show it to them.

IP Logged
Probert31
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 05/16/07 at 16:18:01

Yeah.  I tried that too but they still got the wrong one.  I called the parts dept. at Ron Ayers and they said they could sell me one but they'd have to order it.  I asked fore the part number and they said they could give it to me tomorrow.  Hopefully that will end this question.  Anyone have any experience with the KM555 part?  It says it is for a VM 22/210 carb.  Would that make a difference?  Isn't the BS40 a CV carb?  Not that I know the difference...

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #3 - 05/16/07 at 17:07:30

right mik. VM & CV carbs take different style jets, but the jet sizes,a t least for mikunis, have the same meanings (CC fuel per (minute... or second?))

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 05/16/07 at 17:40:08

The "bleed type" jet you have is Mikuni # BS30/96, and the Sudco # 004-064 for that  #55 pilot jet.  The #55 jet is plenty rich for your Savage, but you have some maladjustment in the carb or an air leak in the exhaust system which is causing the backfiring.

IP Logged
Probert31
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 05/16/07 at 18:06:55

Ok.  Real quick, should the KM555 jet, designated for a VM 22/210 Mikuni carb work with th BS40?  If so, then I must have some other problem.  I know I have a leak between the muffler and header pipe, but would that cause the  bike to die after about 1/2 mile?  I tried to follow Lancers carb tuning guide, but found that the bike still died after a short run.  It did start, and start strong, but would eventually die.  I assumed that the jet was wrong, possibly flooding the engine.  Here's a link to a page with the jet...

http://shopalljet.com/shop/productdetail.htm?productId=4087584&browse=24466&s...

I'm starting to get paranoid that I missed something.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:22:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sorry to do this... Pilot Jet Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.