Send Topic Print
What is this for? (Read 8 times)
Midway1954
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Silex, Missouri
What is this for?
05/09/07 at 14:10:23

I was looking around under the new S40 today and I noticed just under the swing arm attachment point a bracket that hangs down with what looks like a tray with 4 holes in it. It doesn't seem to have any function by itself that i can see. Anyone know what it is? Don't have a camera at the moment or I'd just post a pic.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: What is this for?
Reply #1 - 05/09/07 at 14:14:30

it's for california models.  they have a "canister" that lives there to protect the environment from our 50 mpg bikes.

I'm going to figure out how to put my battery there one day.

IP Logged
Midway1954
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Silex, Missouri
Reply #2 - 05/09/07 at 14:28:49

Thanks vroom1776. My first thought was my bike might be missing something. My second thought was as yours. That might be a good spot to relocate the battery or a bigger toolkit box or...........Whatever  Smiley

IP Logged
PhotoProf

Only the mediocre
are always at their
best!

Reply #3 - 05/09/07 at 17:39:01

I had hopes that it might allow for a center stand!! Naw.... it's really where the tripometer goes.

IP Logged
firsts40

Proud PGR Member

South Mississippi
Reply #4 - 05/09/07 at 19:51:33

I have found a good use for it.  I purchased a motorcycle jack from Wal-Mart under the brand name of Mr. Goodwrench.  It don't fit the S40 the way it should, but by pacing a 1x3 on one lift bar of the jack, and positioning the jack so the 1x3 lines up with that "bracket", the jack works perfectly, and is very stable.  That bracket seems to be made pretty strong.  So far I have had no problems lifting the bike high enough to polish wheels or any thing else I need to do.
Grin If my scooter falls on me some day, I will tell you guys when I get out of the hospital.  Grin

Dana from Misissippi
Riding with Respect
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:34:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What is this for?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.