Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BIG PROBLEMS with 87 Savage (Read 4 times)
bduff
YaBB Newbies

BIG PROBLEMS with 87 Savage
05/08/07 at 17:14:09

My crankcase is filled with gas and oil,  with that mixture pouring out of the overflow tubes.  I took the carb off and took it all apart and cleaned everythin.  but this did not solve the problem.  can anyone help??

1987 Savage 100% stock and happy with that, owned it since it was BRAND NEW!
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: BIG PROBLEMS with 87 Savage
Reply #1 - 05/08/07 at 17:22:02

you have had either 1 of these happen to you -

Either the float is not cuting the fuel off AND you either left the petc0ck on PRI or the petc0ck is not cutting the gas off.

OR the petc0ck diapharm has failed and is allowing the fuel to run back up the vac line to the Carb and on into the engine - it leaks past the rings and runs into the crankcase - this is the most likely of two. Pull the petc0ck vac line and check it for fuel - should not be any- if it's bad fuel may just run out the vac line when you take it off.

fairly simple to plug the vac line at the carb and petc0ck - and either replace the petc0ck or convert it to manual

don't run it like this of it will fry the bearings and cam areas - might blow up for that matter - need to figureout which it is

IP Logged
bduff
YaBB Newbies

Re: BIG PROBLEMS with 87 Savage
Reply #2 - 05/08/07 at 17:44:34

Ok I will check out the petc0ck thing tomorrow, little late now. I was thinking that an intake valve stuck open or a gasket went bad.  but your answer gives me hope.  Thanxs!!

1987 Savage 100% stock and happy with that, owned it since it was BRAND NEW!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:30:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › BIG PROBLEMS with 87 Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.