Send Topic Print
Sportster seat update (Read 9 times)
KenGLong
Alliance Member

2002 Savage

Albuquerque, NM
Re: Sportster seat update
Reply #15 - 05/10/07 at 12:15:23

I was going to do the Sportster seat mod but never really got to it. I did strap the seat on there temporarily with big wire ties and went for a long ride. Comfort-wise, it was as good as the modded seat I already had (details here):

http://home.comcast.net/~kenglong/seat.htm

The Sportster seat moved me forward a bit and I felt cramped because of it (I'm 5'7".) I put my original modded seat back on and I'm happy with it the way it is.

Ken

IP Logged
Island_Biker
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/11/07 at 09:25:30

I've been reading a lot of posts about seat mods & swaps on the Savage. I raised the front of mine with some wooden rings (from a cheap crokinole set) and a couple of fat rubber washers I had salvaged from something I had discarded years ago (that justifies the pack rat in me) - and I made it a lot more comfortable for me. I think that addition of the rubber gave it a bit more spring.

Anyway, has anyone got any comments on making it more comfortable riding 2 up. Neither one of us is exactly petite and we're pretty crowded when we're both on there.

I really like the Savage - and it's plenty powerful enough for the riding I do, but if I going to complain at all, it would about the overall length of the bike.

IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #17 - 05/11/07 at 13:41:35

verslagen1 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Yeah that was my 1st impression as well, but the back part is a lot softer and you can push into it.  In the end the sportster seat is better than stock.   Grin

A totally flat seat would lift you up even higher.  Pull off the cover and thin out the foam in the transition area to the pillion if you need to sit back further.

I have the sportster seat and though it's better than the stock, I still need to sit back further.  I'm in the process of getting it shaved down to a more sloping back to give me more room.  I have it raised in the front with spacers, and I have a bead pad in the front which helps a lot.  If I can't get this to work, I'm going with an airhawk as well.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #18 - 05/12/07 at 06:53:51

I purchased Ken's and put it on. It seemed to move me forward a bit, but I'm not cramped. I have forward controls.
My deep well socket risers had to go, as I was closer and my arms weren't happy. Also ditched the "custom" tailight. I like to be able to remove the seat without too much trouble. Have a round kind of retro looking tail light now. All things considered, a MUCH better seat than the stock, and I hacked and stuffed the stock one but it still , well you know.

Jim

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:30:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sportster seat update

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.