Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HELLO EVERYONE, CUSTOM PIPE QUESTION! (Read 3 times)
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
HELLO EVERYONE, CUSTOM PIPE QUESTION!
04/30/07 at 01:04:06

Its been awhile, hows everyone doing? Quick question.... Im looking at customizing the pipes, or should I say pipe, on my '96 savage...What do I need from stock besides the pipe and what does everyone recommend to maximize the speed and which are the loudest pipes? I was leaning towards jardine? Any suggestions is great! If you have links or know anyone selling a pipe for cheap please post them!

I heard HD screaming eagles are nice, but also heard that they are not recomended for the savage, is this true? I would like to find the loudest pipes for the savage.

Thanks for any input!
Jonny Chicago

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: HELLO EVERYONE, CUSTOM PIPE QUESTION!
Reply #1 - 04/30/07 at 04:37:42

The Jardine and Screaming Eagles are both loud.  I have used the SE before and know that to be true, and others who have used the Jar... report the same.
I would suggest that you consider the tuning characteristics along with the sound level you want so that the carb is jetted/tuned as part of the changes.  You do not want a severly lean mixture to hurt performance &/or the engine itself.  You can have the best of both worlds if you put a little time and thought into the mod's.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 04/30/07 at 04:48:39

Hard Krome is pretty dang loud.  It's not harsh but it's loud.  I particularly like the double wall construction because the muffler doesn't blue.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #3 - 04/30/07 at 08:18:13

Want loud, go Highway Hawk single wall, or RAASK double wall drag pipe. Want mellow and better than stock, then use any muffler on the stock header. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/01/07 at 08:53:58

I got good pefrormance increase & a noise level that is acceptyable( not afraid I will be pulled over at any moment & that matters, cuz if I get ONE ticket, I am getting 2, cuz I dont have a license) with the Supertrapp & 14 baffles. Sounds good enuff for me & runs fine, BUT, now that I am using the 155 main & did the cam, I am only gettin 35 MPG. gonna have to detune it somewhere. Cant live with that. Anyway, good luck, have fun,, I am! Jus got more piddlin to do,, awww what a shame!

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #5 - 05/01/07 at 18:23:43

Justin-
Did you also do the performance carb when you did the cam? or just the 155 in the stock carb?

IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/01/07 at 21:17:03

I also like the hard krome, mine is a slash cut. I bought it from Lancer - not sure if he is still selling them.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/01/07 at 21:38:56

Its the original carb. I had the 150 in it, & was gettin in the low 40's on MPG. Put the cam in & the 155 jet & lost about 7 mpg.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 05/02/07 at 05:29:11

georgekathe wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
I also like the hard krome, mine is a slash cut. I bought it from Lancer - not sure if he is still selling them.

Yup, same here.  I bought the slash-cut big can.  I like it.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
cnosee
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/06/07 at 18:24:13

i have been running a s e for 5--6 mo it has a mouth on it i like.  i remember something about it being unlawful in some places
i wounder if that is why it is not reconmend
i am more than happy with mine

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #10 - 05/06/07 at 21:49:06

I run a gutted 12" glaspack muffler and 29" fishtail pipe. Both Motoasia, also called Emgo among other trade names. Shadetree Powersports, Dennis Kirk, JC Whitney and related catalogs all carry the same part under different trade names. Loud? I had to weld in a baffle, sounded just like an old UH-1 medivac helicopter going overhead.

Holodeck runs just the fishtail on his. Rode behind him today. I need to get him back out here next week or so and tune his carb. The pipe looks good, and is loud, but could have a mellower sound.

Plan to do some jet tinkering...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 00:34:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › HELLO EVERYONE, CUSTOM PIPE QUESTION!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.