Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Changing Oil...No Dipstick? (Read 21 times)
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Changing Oil...No Dipstick?
Reply #15 - 05/29/07 at 20:35:49

justin_o_guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
A wooden centerstand, cool. I have a tablesaw, I think I can get the blocks to fit Juuust right. Thanks for the idea. This is gonna make oil checking & topping off easy.

Yep.  Pieces of wood don't eat much and you can't hurt 'em.

Check my T- shirt photo in this topic and you can just barely see the 2 x 12's sticking out under my bike.

If you have a table saw then you have no excuse not to have "utility" boards Tongue

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=cafe;action=display;num=1136744...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/29/07 at 21:38:49

Yes, I do. I just got it & havent even plugged it in yet.Well, I got it a couple weeks ago, Havent had a chance to get to the lumber yard. I have almost no experience with this kind of tool. Enough to be safe but nowhere near enough to do anything that matters. Got a 10" table saw & 10" radial arm saw for 35 bucks each! So, I took them,,Bought a bunch O stuff & sure got a whale of a deal.  Grin

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #17 - 05/29/07 at 21:40:26

when i do oil changes i tip the bike both ways to get all the old oil out pull the filter replace case cover then (i buy 3 qts) add 1/2 qt and "flush" her out some more(pull the plug wire and crank a few quick times with drain plug in)then drain that out and tip both ways with plug out tip to right(2x4plus under side stand w/ clean  rag on pipe) pull case cover and replace with new filter..
magnetic drain plugs .com  
good investment...also ssm or clymers...btw sny  amsoil

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #18 - 05/29/07 at 21:54:39

justin_o_guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Yes, I do. I just got it & havent even plugged it in yet.Well, I got it a couple weeks ago, Havent had a chance to get to the lumber yard. I have almost no experience with this kind of tool. Enough to be safe but nowhere near enough to do anything that matters. Got a 10" table saw & 10" radial arm saw for 35 bucks each! So, I took them,,Bought a bunch O stuff & sure got a whale of a deal.  Grin

No experience?  

They are used.  Might be a good price, but te careful with those.  Don't try to cut anything fast until you know everything about them.  Take your time.

Those saws can bite you or kick you.  I know.

...then cut you a Poor Man's Jack Tongue

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #19 - 05/30/07 at 06:40:54

it's not poor engineering, it's cheap engineering.

I can kneel, hold the biek upright and check the oil level on the savage and my V* 1100, but then again, I'm a realatively young male.

screw center stands (though they do make draining oil and NOT making a huge mess easier).

The spark plug trap door [i]is[/s] a nightmare.  I can get in there w/o taking the tank off, but it's a PITA.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 21:18:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Changing Oil...No Dipstick?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.