wonder if it holds up

IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Re: Tachometer
Reply #31 - 05/23/07 at 21:53:40

Does the savage require a certain type of tach like the HD single fire or will any motorcycle tach work ?

Oh don't worry I should have read all the blog first as it answers my question !!! My bad

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 05/23/07 at 21:58:30

Tiny Tach doesnt allow me to replace the battery, but, with a 5 year service life that's about $10.00 a year( including shipping) for a tach. That's not too tuff. I am guessing each we have looked at has the connection in the back? Tiny doesn't look to have a big enough profile for the connections to be on the edge. Well, the first one( Pit Posse) said it can be glued on, so maybe the connector is on the edge of that one?

IP Logged
trooper3
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 05/24/07 at 02:56:42

Had a Tiny Tach on my 2 stroke dirt bike for quite a while, took a lot of abuse and never failed. After several years I sold it to a friend who put it on his built up go-kart and he is still using it after another couple years.  He runs his go-kart in the rain and snow so the Tiny Tach I had was pretty rugged. Only downside I see is it is not as "pretty" as a round chromed analog tach.
Rick C.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #34 - 05/24/07 at 06:34:58

The Outlaw Racing Tach/hour Meter from PitPosse has a slot in the back that the sensor wire clips into.  It is also a sealed unit whose battery cannot be changed.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:30:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tachometer

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.