Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Idle Mixture Screw Location (Read 4 times)
DQ2inCT
Ex Member

Idle Mixture Screw Location
04/23/07 at 12:20:37

Hello all, I'm a newbie to this site and just started modifying my '05 S40.  Over the weekend I installed a 152.5 main jet and a 55 pilot jet as recommended.  I also filed the white spacer down to half it's original size and reinstalled it.  I have a HD Dyna pipe waiting to be installed but I wanted to make sure the darn thing would start after pulling it apart.  It does start and run but won't idle.  I'm assuming that before I begin troubleshooting all the other recommendations I found on this terrific site, I should drill out and adjust the idle mixture screw.  My question is - where is it located?  I looked on the right side of my carb but did not find a white mark.  The only picture that I found on this site is not showing on my computer (just the infamous red X).  Can anyone please post a picture locating the screw along with any instructions for drilling it out?  Thanks for all your help.  Smiley

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Idle Mixture Screw Location
Reply #1 - 04/23/07 at 12:33:33

In the tech section - if you look at the second picture it shows where - by the way I'm not sure why your at a 55 pilot jet until you know you need it.

And the stock jet was a 145 right?

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1098869...

IP Logged
DQ2inCT
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/23/07 at 13:09:13

Thanks for the link.  The jets came as a kit and I thought I might as well install both while I had everything apart.  The original main jet was a 145 and the bike backfired constantly.  I'm in New England with lots of big hills so I got tired of announcing myself on every descent.  If it's running too rich and sooting up, I'll put the original back in and see how that goes.  I'm already realizing that I need to be patient to get it running perfect.

IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/23/07 at 21:11:57

also check out & use Lancer's quick & easy carb tune up (not sure of the correct title but as I find the search on the site a bit of a bugger I just page through - only about 4 pages in tech section - to find what I want)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:25:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Idle Mixture Screw Location

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.