Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Well, CRUMM< I messed my header UP! (Read 4 times)
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Well, CRUMM< I messed my header UP!
04/23/07 at 04:36:42

In the "Remove reverse ring in header" thread I already explained how I messed up my header, but will again here in a minute. For now, I just want to say, ARRGGHHH! & if anyone has any ideas on how to get a single walled header that will be a performance boost & that will allow me to keep my Supertrapp then please, share that..

Here's what I did, that Tbalam Didnt do. I parted the inner & outer headr walls. I was trying to slice the reverse ring off of the inner wall & went thru, all the way around. No wonder it was so much work! I can take it & have it brazed or welded, but that would mean spending $$ on a header I really want to replace anyway. BUT, it's beautiful weather & I dont want to be down while I shop & wait on a header, so, I need to get the shopping done in a Right Now kinda way. Any suggestions?

I really want a better header, but I have so much $$$ in the Supertrapp I can justify going with a header with an exit too large to keep it, unless the header Comes with an exhaust on it, then I could sell the Ttrapp..

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Well, CRUMM< I messed my header UP!
Reply #1 - 04/23/07 at 06:55:09

I have a spare stock header you can use until you get a replacement that you like for the SR/TP you have.

It is not pretty but it will work for you.  Just cover the shipping & it is yours to use.

What is the ID of your SR/TP ?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/23/07 at 07:20:23

Not sure of the measurement, but it went straight on the stock header, so it's the same as the stock muffler going In, What pipe would you suggest I get to replace the stocker?
Also, if I am gonna have to ship it both ways, I can most likely get this one brazed for that kinda $$, not sure, man I messed in my mess kit,,

IP Logged
K1200LTryder
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/23/07 at 08:00:18

You can wrap it with header tape, might help ????

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/23/07 at 08:10:34

Not seeing how that's gonna fix the BooBoo I pulled T, the innards of the header wiggle back & forth, I seperated the inner wall from the outter wall, so the exhaust will go in between & then reverbrate back out right back into the exhaust port, which, if I am right here, will be very counterproductive,,, LOL,, I will have to have it brazed up, or welded, I bet brazing is cheaper, I dunno,, using gas costs, brazing rods cost, welding rods are cheap 7 it shouldnt take 2 to fix it. Ill just have to call around. If its too high, lancer has offered a loaner pipe if I pay the freight, Imagine! He expects ME to pay the freight! I am Shokkt I tell ya..

IP Logged
K1200LTryder
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/23/07 at 09:36:44

I'm leaving mine stock, not gonna mess with it. I just hope my parts for the tensioner fix show up this week, the bike is looking kind of pathetic all apart. Really looking forward to getting it going, since I have yet to ride it. ( then turn it over to my wife)

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 04/23/07 at 10:20:38

How about you dremel a few slices in the outer tube and then clamp/crush it down to the inner tube, then unclamp and slide on your muffler and clamp it onto the crushed area.

Or, can you wedge a few nails between the two pipes to stop the rattle and get an automotive muffler pipe adapter/reducer to slide over the pipe and then slide your muffler over the smaller end.

best luck,
serowbot

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/23/07 at 10:25:46

On account O it's the end closest to the head,,  :'(

But thanks for tryin.. I goofed in a BIG way..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 04/23/07 at 18:19:58

Yeeouch!  Sorry.  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
tbalam

I like my kids, but
I love my bike ;)

Fac o' the Sn
Reply #9 - 04/23/07 at 18:36:26

darn that sucks!!! Sorry Justin hope I didn't mess you up, You might be able to take it to a big rig shop, they have all kinds of welders and something that small would take no time at all. Other thought is a muffler shop, they should be able to weld it quick.

1996 Mirage paint, seat lift, 2 #4 washers, 155 main, 52.5 pilot. Removed pillon, belt guard, rear blinker mod, moved battery box. K&N cone, Chain conversion 17/43 (in process). Cam tensioner mod.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/23/07 at 18:47:50

I have since cut it into 3 pieces & pulled the inner pipe, IF the .045 thick (thin) wall will weld & hold for a decent while, I will do that for now & ride iit, ugleee as Frankenstein till it rusts out/ burns up. Then get a Lancer built pipe. IF the thing lasts thru the new cam chain, then I would do the piston, cam chain & whether the danged Ol pipe was still hangin in there or not, replace it with a "Longer than stock" unit from Lancer & maximize the low end( is that where it is Lancer?) Surely. .045 will last a year. I can get a stinger on it & mahe it longer & extend the rear support a bit, tho it looks to need to move away from the tire if it's going back. That will require a bit of a kink in the pipe,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 12:18:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Well, CRUMM< I messed my header UP!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.