Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
need vacuum routing (Read 2 times)
cbsuz
Ex Member

need vacuum routing
04/20/07 at 09:24:01

Following up to a recent post on petc0ck/vacuum issues - thanks to all those who responded.

Upon closer inspection it appears I don't have a vacuum leak, but an entire missing line!   The vacuum line from the bottom of the petc0ck isn't there and I can't for the life of me figure out where it should go to - the service manual is maddeningly vague on this one (only reference is to disconnecting the line from the pet when removing). I didn't find anything in the tech reference section - does anyone have a routing diagram for the petc0ck/carb lines?

Thanks,
Chris

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: need vacuum routing
Reply #1 - 04/20/07 at 09:35:58

from the right hand side of the carb, over the intake between the vertical top of the carb body (slide chamber) and the engine, into the smaller size brass fitting on the petcock.  usually helps to lift the tank a little.

3/16"ID  fuel line will work.  need less than 2 feet.  don't need clamps.  I like good year brand, available at autozone.  I do not like the brand of fuel line napa carries.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 04/20/07 at 10:15:17

cbsuz wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Following up to a recent post on petc0ck/vacuum issues - thanks to all those who responded.

Upon closer inspection it appears I don't have a vacuum leak, but an entire missing line!   The vacuum line from the bottom of the petc0ck isn't there and I can't for the life of me figure out where it should go to - the service manual is maddeningly vague on this one (only reference is to disconnecting the line from the pet when removing). I didn't find anything in the tech reference section - does anyone have a routing diagram for the petc0ck/carb lines?

Thanks,
Chris  

it is the stock carb right?

check this post for pictures

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1098869040

IP Logged
cbsuz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/20/07 at 12:35:23

And the picture tells the story! Thanks much for that link. Gotta watch when someone else is unhooking my hoses - it's currently running from the carb to the bottom of the bowl drain!

Here's the petc0ck...

Here's the carb...

Soon to be corrected  Wink

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 04/20/07 at 12:38:31

cbsuz wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
...it's currently running from the carb to the bottom of the bowl drain!

http://www.chrisbesey.org/Photos/carb.jpg

Now that's different!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 04/20/07 at 14:14:03

must be why it's running rich   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/20/07 at 14:32:56

Okay, I can see someone making a mistake under the hood of a car with a ton of vac lines, like the old turbo Mustangs, but on a machine with exactly ONE vac line, not being unable to put it back from whence it came is really scary. I would be wary of allowing that person to hold a wrench too close to my bike,, Can he figure out where the bolts belong? Sheesh! If that wasn't so ridiculous it would be funny.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #7 - 04/20/07 at 14:41:40

better'n that handle bar on hutch's bike...

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #8 - 04/20/07 at 17:04:32

we have a couple a$$es that need a good butt kicking between the two - that handle bar spot weld is just.... well you know.

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #9 - 04/21/07 at 03:39:30

justin_o_guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Okay, I can see someone making a mistake under the hood of a car with a ton of vac lines, like the old turbo Mustangs, but on a machine with exactly ONE vac line, not being unable to put it back from whence it came is really scary. I would be wary of allowing that person to hold a wrench too close to my bike,, Can he figure out where the bolts belong? Sheesh! If that wasn't so ridiculous it would be funny.

The trick is: disconnect hoses at oposite ends. Special for people like me with a lack of short memory

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #10 - 04/21/07 at 17:13:53

Fear not Chris, you are not alone.I just had the seat and tank off trying to find a gas leak.  I'm pretty sure I got it when I tightened up the petthing, the O ring is now at work again.  Put everything back together, rode down the street and the bike died, had to limp home on prime.  I had put a pencil in the gas line, and the tip broke off when I pulled the pencil out, but I didn't notice that. Sad  The fuel had a  hell of a time trying to get past the pencil to the carb.  Took it all apart, cleaned out he hose, put it all back together.  Rode down the street, she sputtered and died..limped home after restarting on and staying on prime.  Embarrassed Yea, you guessed it, I never reconnected the vacumn line from the back of the petthingy to the right side of the carb..found it on the third try, seems to be running better now. Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:29:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need vacuum routing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.