Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pics of my problem, Ideas? (Read 8 times)
dubbington
Ex Member

Pics of my problem, Ideas?
04/17/07 at 11:39:52

How does this round metal thing go back in here? What does it do and is it needed? I really only care that the petcock gives me fuel and reserve...will this metal thing prevent any of this? This petc0ck only has 112 original miles for being a '89 and I dont want to buy a new one. Last step here and then I can start it.
Thanks
Rc

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: Pics of my problem, Ideas?
Reply #1 - 04/17/07 at 11:54:57

IP Logged
dubbington
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/17/07 at 13:07:06

I read that but didnt really want to go through with all of it.

IP Logged
praetorian
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/17/07 at 14:09:23

the spring is definately necessary if you want your petc0ck to work correctly.  When you turn the petc0ck handle to the prime (PRI) position, it presses on the spring.  The little tab that is sticking straight down the middle pushes against the "pin" in the vacuum diaphragm and allows fuel to be allowed thru without a vacuum being pulled from the engine.  Without it you will not be able to put the petc0ck into "prime."

As far as getting it back in... have fun.    I made the mistake of pulling it out, too.  It took me about 20 minutes of working and a 3rd hand to get it in.  I needed 2 screwdrivers, a pair of needle nose pliers, and a hemo-stat.  I also bent it totally out of shape a couple times and had to pull it out and bend it back into shape.

Or you could just buy a new fuel petc0ck... Undecided

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #4 - 04/17/07 at 17:01:34

The petc0ck conversion is easy and you'll never have a problem with the vacuum diaphram.  Or you can go to an ace hardware and look for a similar size spring...

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 05:22:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Pics of my problem, Ideas?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.