Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Dragging footpeg
Reply #15 - 04/16/07 at 23:07:55

Change this topic to, "How to browse the local dealership"...

"Just looking" won't work?  Plus, act really disgusted by their presence and don't even look at them when you talk to them.  They usually go away.

If they stand there, go to another bike.  If a salesman can't talk, they have nothing left.

Works for me Tongue

Besides, it might take me a while to find an old footpeg photo...

IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #16 - 04/17/07 at 05:35:22

When I go into the dealership, they see a girl and think "easy sale". Do they think I don't know that look when I see it?

When I said I was just looking, they followed me around talking, and two of them gave me their cards.

Anyway, I will try to take a photo of my footpegs this afternoon.  I'm fairly sure they are stock.  Still have not had time to wack them to see if they give at all.
Smiley

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #17 - 04/17/07 at 09:57:19

Hey guess what!?  My front footpegs MOVE!!  Cheesy

I had put a few drops of oil in the peg joint area this morning (crack of dark) and then when I went out a few minutes ago into the warm sunshine, lo and behold I have moving pegs. Sweet.

As an added bonus, I am not dragging the peg through the last turn out of my neighborhood anymore - I tried adding a little tiny bit more speed through the turn, and voila! Success at last.

Now about that starting problem...it's back. Returning to that thread for more assistance and ideas.

Thanks all!

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #18 - 04/17/07 at 11:25:56

skatnbnc wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
When I go into the dealership, they see a girl and think "easy sale". Do they think I don't know that look when I see it?

When I said I was just looking, they followed me around talking, and two of them gave me their cards.

Anyway, I will try to take a photo of my footpegs this afternoon.  I'm fairly sure they are stock.  Still have not had time to wack them to see if they give at all.
Smiley

Could be my eye-sight or your portrait that prevented that distinction.  Your username isn't much of a clue either...

When I see a "girl", I think of my daughter, step-daughter, or grand-daughters Smiley

I bet the salesmen see someone older than that....but now I may have a little insight into this entire conversation Tongue

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 03:17:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dragging footpeg

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.