Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Possible new project need more help and Info (Read 3 times)
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Possible new project need more help and Info
04/13/07 at 22:10:46

Ok everyone know's about my title trama and Issues, well hear it goes, We  have the Frames Nija 250 and Honda cb750. My question is will the neck's of either one of these bikes fit the neck of my bike? OR do you think that the parts from my Savage will fit either ones of these frames? We are trying to get me back on the road asap so that I can take my skills test and pass it to get my Licence.Any Info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

IP Logged
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Re: Possible new project need more help and Info
Reply #1 - 04/13/07 at 23:19:36

Gee's Mom,
The Savage has way more rake and fork length the these other models. I don't think you have much hope unless you have a metal shop.

I've often wondered how the the Savage's handling would be improved by reducing its rake by 5+ degrees.

Handling tends to be better with steeper rake. Choppers have much less steep rake and don't handle. They are for show. Just look at the rake on the crotch rockets and you will begin to understand.

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/14/07 at 06:44:38

we have a welder at home. The fork rake it will make the handling worse if we did this?

IP Logged
Crusher0964
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/14/07 at 08:31:50

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #4 - 04/14/07 at 09:43:16

Hi Mom,

What is it that you are wanting to do?  Take parts from either a Kaw or a Honda to repair the Savage, ASAP?  Somehow, "ASAP" doesn't really seem to fit in that sentence Tongue

Without manuals and measurements, I don't know how anyone can help much with this one...best thing to do is start taking all of them apart and see what will fit what.

Will be very interesting to see what you come up with though.  (If I had all those parts lying around, I might be inclined to think about it, too)

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #5 - 04/14/07 at 12:14:15

In "Walnecks cycle trader" monthly magazine I used to subscribe to, there were services advertised to fix lost/missing title problems. I haven't seen them (the magazine) on the newsstand for a while but you may find them online and be able to find a place that has the magazine. I should have mentioned it earlier, I looked where I usually took the old magazines yesterday but they had been purged from there. Seems easier than moving the stem housing from one bike to the other and whatever service and or legal problems that might bring down the line. Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/14/07 at 14:06:19

Actually it wouldn't bring any problems down the line because then it is considered a home made chopper. It would be a kaw or a honda with savage parts. As long as the title # match they don't care. Now if I was just to take just the vine # part off and put it on the bike then they would have an issue but if we took the whole neck off the bike and welded it onto the savage frame they cant do nothing about it because then it's considered a home made choppper.

IP Logged
aussie_biker
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/15/07 at 00:44:04

Bikemom28 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Actually it wouldn't bring any problems down the line because then it is considered a home made chopper. It would be a kaw or a honda with savage parts. As long as the title # match they don't care. Now if I was just to take just the vine # part off and put it on the bike then they would have an issue but if we took the whole neck off the bike and welded it onto the savage frame they cant do nothing about it because then it's considered a home made choppper.
I'm assuming you realise that you have to build a jig to hold the frame rails when you cut the neck off to stop them springing.You also need the jig to align your new neck,preferably TIG weld the new neck on then stress relieve it otherwise you could end up with a machine that loves to corner in one direction only even when you want to go straight.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #8 - 04/15/07 at 06:40:52

I got the picture now.  What kind of bike will this be when you are done?

Honda CB650 Ninja LS

IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 04/15/07 at 14:02:21

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
I got the picture now.  What kind of bike will this be when you are done?

Honda CB650 Ninja LS

I wounder if I could patten that and make that into a new brand of motorcyle. I could make millions, Thanks Greg650 I think I'll share 50/50. What do you think? Grin

IP Logged
slavy
Serious Thumper

smart cars for
stupid people

Phoenix, Arizona
Reply #10 - 04/15/07 at 18:35:48

Why don't You check the rules about Your situation in Fl, after that check how are the things in the neighbouring states and it might be the best if You "sell" the bike to somebody in one of the states near Fl, this person gets a title there and after that You "buy" it back with an out of state title and just do a title transfer.

The arificial intelligence is no match for the natural stupidity
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 07:41:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Possible new project need more help and Info

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.