Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
supertrapp install (Read 6 times)
noshow
YaBB Newbies

Re: supertrapp install
Reply #15 - 04/15/07 at 19:00:25

On a side note, I did just see a small droplet of what looks to be oil on my garage floor. Smaller than pin drop but enough for me to notice.

I took off the header at one point, would this be caused by the engine mount not being 100% tightened?

I tried looking for the source but from the angle, thats the only probably cause.

When I was adding the bolts back on, I thought I got it on as tight as it would go, but having to hold the bolt on the one side of the bike while stretching myself to do the wrenching on the other side...I may have not sealed it correctly.

Does this sound right to anyone else or do I have a problem about to happen.....

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #16 - 04/15/07 at 21:28:32

No.  Not the muffler clamp or the t-bolts.  Certainly you are just messing around with my head....

Please tell me that you put anti-seize on the bolts that get hot?  The 6 stainless steel disk bolts!

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #17 - 04/16/07 at 02:45:17

Ha ha Gregg!!  Listen to Gregg!  Supertrapps are expensive mufflers and worth every cent! I think I was so excited to finally get my old stock  Toro lawnmower  muffler off mine I forgot to use the anti sieze stuff. Soooo, now I have 2 broken bolts inside the muffler that I cant seem to get out to add some more discs. Heres something I do now, like every few months, I take them back out and install them cause after a bit, without the anti sieze stuff, they just are not going to come out without a fight!

IP Logged
noshow
YaBB Newbies

Reply #18 - 04/16/07 at 06:06:14

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Certainly you are just messing around with my head....

Yes I am.

I gave a good coating to each of the bolts that are holding the disks in place. I double checked three times the correct positioning of the disks and the way they should face, that each time I took them off I would add just abit more of the stuff....

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #19 - 04/16/07 at 10:28:52

noshow wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Yes I am.

I gave a good coating to each of the bolts that are holding the disks in place. I double checked three times the correct positioning of the disks and the way they should face, that each time I took them off I would add just abit more of the stuff....
Grin Grin Grin

Good, but just remember that if you hadn't learned it here or didn't read the instructions then you'd be like Stinger Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 04/16/07 at 19:42:33

Good that you are so thorough, I hope you cleaned & polished it, too,  cuz it matters. It will turn blue when it gets hot if the manufacturing oils arent cleaned & polished away,

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 05/18/07 at 21:26:06

I just took my muffler off to install the supertrapp.
And there's a crappy tube over another tube.  

Is that the connector and is it supposed to be removed?

Also there's a ring right where the header is reduced down to the muffler.  Does that come off as well?

Undecided

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #22 - 05/18/07 at 21:39:04

verslagen1 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
I just took my muffler off to install the supertrapp.
And there's a crappy tube over another tube.  

Is that the connector and is it supposed to be removed?

Also there's a ring right where the header is reduced down to the muffler.  Does that come off as well?

Undecided

No and no...simply stated.

Otherwise, just don't mess up that cool tank detail while you're messing with it Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 05/19/07 at 20:56:23

Well 5lbs lighter and tank detail w/o a scratch.  The bike and I lost an equal amount of weight too.  What a boat anchor.

I was going to wait a week or two to get alittle mileage check with the stock setup before going to the supertrapp.  55 mpg BTW due to cleaning the slide.  But the heat shield fell off in heavy traffic.  I'm going to have change my name to shedder.  And I must be suicidal too, doubled back and pick it up.  Luckily it was on the side of the road.

The metal at the end of the header was expanded and brittle.  I cut the middle layer back a .25" and the top layer back a 1/2".  Then with a little persuasion it went all the way on. Sounds good.  I'll test it tomorrow.  Grin

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 05/21/07 at 14:27:04

After my first run, I'm smiling like a south park Canadian!

Stock jet (145), 8 disks, no tuning necessary.
I might say it's a little rich if I compare it to the stock muffler as all pops and pows are gone.  About 2mph faster on my uphill test strip.

I used get a little better uphill accel at 3/4 thottle as compared to WOT, now its best at WOT.

I think I'll try another disk.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:24:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › supertrapp install

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.