Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MINI floorboards-Harley type (Read 23 times)
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
MINI floorboards-Harley type
04/06/07 at 21:14:50

They came, the mini floorboards that is, and yesterday they went on the bike. Look good and feel better. There's a few things you need to do to mount them, but it's all easy.

First you want to driil the hole out to a larger size for the bolt that holds the mounting peg in the mount bracket on the bike. I did 7/16" and it was fine. When you slide the peg into the bracket you'll want a thin washer in there too to keep it from flopping. Don't want it loose in there, but not too snug either.

The ones I got have a second hole about 15 degrees from level for folks that want to mount them up on highway bars. That's the hole you use to have them end up level on the 650. They don't have the clearance to fold all the way up, but they do fold up some in one direction and swivel up a bit more as well. It's been too cold to try them out yet, but it looks like there may need to be a small spacer of some sorts to get them to level-up on the left-to-right plain as well. Fore and aft level seems to be just fine. You may want to adjust the height on the shift pedal if you've got fat toed boots. With the peg you can drop your toes under the shifter. Not so with the board in place.

The only thing for those of you who want shiney stuff, the bottoms of the boards I got are not show quality finish. They're kinda dull. Since they won't fold all the way up anyway it's probably not a big issue. The rubber pads are thin on the ones I got, but it'll still be a big (pardon the pun) step up for foot comfort.

Except for some art work on the big new tank the bike's done. Well there's still the Niagara Falls oil leak to fix. As soon as it gets warm enough to get the oil cleaned off the paint work I'll figure out how to get some pix online for y'all to drool over. It do be pretty. For now at least.

IP Logged
sparkett

never ride faster
than your guardian
angel flys!

central florida
Re: MINI floorboards-Harley type
Reply #1 - 04/07/07 at 06:12:31

sounds good! I sized up and Love my floor boards Grin
Looking foward to the pics! enjoy and ride safe!

1987 pet thingy, dyna muffler,dyna jet carb,K&N cone filter, still working on her!
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: MINI floorboards-Harley type
Reply #2 - 04/07/07 at 06:38:58

Yeah PIX !!!
8)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:18:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › MINI floorboards-Harley type

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.