sportster touring seat? (Read 7 times)
streece
YaBB Newbies

2000,155main,55
pilot,screamin
eagle.

sportster touring seat?
04/03/07 at 19:12:41

just curious to see if anyone has tried to put on a sportster touring seat?  they seem to have the same frame but more padding than a stock sportster.  But will it fit the savage?  My wife does not like the stock savage pillion seat at all.  the touring seat pillion is about 11 inches wide and the main seat is 12-13 inches, verses the savage at 7-8 inches and 12.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: sportster touring seat?
Reply #1 - 04/04/07 at 05:14:01

I don't know if the touring seat is different from the Sportster seats others have already modified and posted about but you might try doing a few searches or look at the sportster seat mod thread in the Tech Ref forum.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #2 - 04/04/07 at 06:04:04

harley seats, all fit with in their model group, ie; any '04 and newer sportster seat will fit any '04 and newer sportster model. i dont know if the '83-'03 sportster seat will convert easily to a savage, i haven't tried it.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
streece
YaBB Newbies

2000,155main,55
pilot,screamin
eagle.

Reply #3 - 04/04/07 at 18:02:39

thanks guys....if and when i decide to try the touring seat i will post some pics and let ya know how it went....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:17:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › sportster touring seat?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.