IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Re: Piston Group Buy
Reply #76 - 04/20/07 at 07:59:42

put me down for 95mm, 9.5 to 1.     If there is no other interest in that size, no problem. I'm not superstitious, just evil.

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #77 - 04/20/07 at 14:49:36

Quote:
I'm not superstitious, just evil.

Hey Hutch, maybe that explains the black cloud that you claim hangs over you?!?   Grin

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #78 - 04/20/07 at 15:09:42

LOL, Barry68v10, guess what, when I was forced to retire and sell all the acreage of my farm they came out and surveyed it out . Guess what I have left. 6.66 acres. Yup!! I'm living in my own private hell. That black cloud is what made me evil. i been living with that cloud all my life, so what's a few more years   Hutch

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #79 - 04/20/07 at 15:33:17

Naaah, if evil was a "Lightning rod" that attracted loss, pain, destruction, then the majority of the politicians would be sick, dying & broken men. Certainly, those ultra rich who own the federal reserve & harvest the labors of the people would all be in bad shape, since they steal what isnt theirs. If you dont know who owns the Federal Reserve, Google Owns Federal Reserve, Then, when (if) that doesnt mean anything to ya, read the Constitution. Note that the $ is now worth about 4 cents( comparing "Buying Power" now to the $ when the Fed was enacted) Congress is charged with the responsibility to coin money. Understanding the nature of money as it is is totally different from what we are lead to believe. Any who are curious, IM me. I dont want to load the board with political stuff, but this thread took a turn that just begs for sharing what I know.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #80 - 04/21/07 at 07:13:16

justin_o_guy wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
I dont want to load the board with political stuff, but this thread took a turn that just begs for sharing what I know.

But never in RSD.  If on this site at all, it should be relegated to The Cafe.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #81 - 04/21/07 at 11:57:45

I was just gonna go with IM's & not even post it.. but so  far, no one seems interested, & in a way, I dont blame them, cuz its not exactly light hearted stuff. SOO, Nuff O that & ON with the shewww..

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #82 - 04/24/07 at 20:03:37

Ok - so what does it take to pull the deal through? I'm ready now

IP Logged
LesGolden

Just a thumpin' away
at life.

Coastal GA
Reply #83 - 04/24/07 at 20:09:20

Still waiting on figures, I think.  My gasket set and cam chain just came in so i'll check deck height at least in the next couple days.  Like said before, more numbers will only help though so would be nice if anyone else diggin' into their motor checks too.

You just gotta take the high road
Leave old lovers on the low
Raise your face and smile baby
There's somewhere you gonna go...
on your ls650
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #84 - 04/24/07 at 21:11:52

If this goes thru before I do the chain mod, I'm in...

but I just closed my engine last month (2 months?? time goes fast), so no deck height from me...

and that $$$ is burnin a hole...

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #85 - 04/24/07 at 22:10:47

dang it I agree - those boys know or can find out the deck height - I say let's order 9.5:1 96mm  tomorrow!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #86 - 04/24/07 at 22:31:20

Now, just how much $$ we talking? I want the 9.5 to 1, 96 mm Piston, too., I have a few $$ stashed, looks like I can swing this even IF I have to do it before the 3rd of May. Let me know what the total is & make me feel good about this Deck Height issue, which I really dont get, unless we are talking about the distance from the top of the piston( stock) from the center of the wrist pin, compared to the new piston. I sure would hate to have a valve/ piston conflict. That would not be at all funny, especially after having the bore punched, cuz then the old piston won't go back in & the cost to get outta that mistake would get huge quick. I want to know the piston is gonna work. Maybe the folks at the place where the pistons are coming from can help, like Reel said. I would just be tickled to have that thing waiting. I would just do it this winter, instead of waiting for this cam chain to wear out. Replace the guides & maybe do an extension on the tensioner. It would be nice if I could figure out how to get clear pics to put up. The Kodak easyshare P850 disappointed me on that tensioner mod.

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #87 - 04/25/07 at 14:50:34

Quote:
The valves open 0.153" down below the head surface toward the piston.  The deck clearance is 0.157", so the clearance between the piston and the edge of the valve when it is open is the thickness of the head gasket when it is compressed.  

Here are the numbers Lancer gave earlier...the valves will always be closed when the piston is TDC (provided the valve springs are doing their job), so you should have plenty of room to play with.   Grin

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #88 - 04/25/07 at 15:04:31

Exhaust valve is closed when the piston gets to the top of the exhaust stroke?

IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Reply #89 - 04/25/07 at 16:26:43

OOOOOO, good point.  The valves are only fully closed on the intake/power stroke at TDC.  The valves should not be fully open at TDC ever.  The amount of clearance there will depend on lift and duration.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:40:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Piston Group Buy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.