Make Her Scream! (Read 20 times)
TVR_FSO
Serious Thumper

I'm Ya
Huckleberry....

Frisco, Texas
Make Her Scream!
04/01/07 at 14:42:51

Made John look to see if I had started spamming.

Made an MP3 of my dyna muff rumble. If you don't have a subwoofer, you really don't get the effect. On my laptop, it sounds kind of "tinny"

Linky

2004 Suzuki Volusia, modding in progress
WWW   IP Logged
mclutter
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Anchorage, Alaska
Re: Make Her Scream!
Reply #1 - 04/01/07 at 17:38:07

Oh man that gave me chills. WOW!!!!!!!! That's nice!!!!!! Cheesy

IP Logged
Bikemom28
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/01/07 at 20:26:45

You almost got booted then didn't ya. Shocked Just kidding. She sounds great.

IP Logged
wvhunter62
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - 04/01/07 at 21:06:48

Sounds good, I like it. I have always liked the THUMP of a loud single. My Dad(RIP) owned several BSA bikes when I was growing up, he brought me up right. Never follow the crowd, that was my Dad. I would like to have some of those bikes now.

When you receive the news that my guns have been confiscated,you will know that I am dead.
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #4 - 04/02/07 at 01:04:03

TVR_FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Made John look to see if I had started spamming.

Made an MP3 of my dyna muff rumble. If you don't have a subwoofer, you really don't get the effect. On my laptop, it sounds kind of "tinny"

Linky

I must say that your recording is very representitive of how my Dyna muffler sounds on my old '87. I left all the baffles in unaltered and TIG welded it directly onto the header pipe.

I'm curious what gear you used to record your mp3 with?
Here's what I listened to it on:

The studio monitors give me a really clear and clean playback of what is actually recorded. The big black 150 watt keyboard amp with a 15" and 4"x10" horn adds some thump and sizzle. 8)

As for the sound of the Dyna muff... While much better than the puffy sound of the stock can, it still has a 'braaack' sound that I'm not really happy with. I haven't yet heard the shorter Sprortster muff on the '99 I just bought. Curious to hear what it sounds like. I suspect that whichever bike ends up with the 'chopper' parts on it will also end up with the really loud turnout I have laying around. When I tried it before, I just couldn't imagine having a pipe that loud ALL the time. But if I'm gonna have two bikes; having the bad boy chopper be LOUD will be cool!  8)

IP Logged
TVR_FSO
Serious Thumper

I'm Ya
Huckleberry....

Frisco, Texas
Reply #5 - 04/02/07 at 05:12:24

Real low tech recording. Took my laptop outside and used the sound recorder. Edited the huge wav file down and converted to MP3.

If anyone wants to record theirs, I'll host the files on my site. May be helpful for folks to compare sound before buying a new muff. Just email the files to me and I'll put them up and list them here.

WWW   IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #6 - 04/02/07 at 07:43:58

TVR_FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Real low tech recording. Took my laptop outside and used the sound recorder. Edited the huge wav file down and converted to MP3.

If anyone wants to record theirs, I'll host the files on my site. May be helpful for folks to compare sound before buying a new muff. Just email the files to me and I'll put them up and list them here.

I figured you were going to say something like that. "Low tech" maybe, by today's standards. It just astounds me at the recording quality of the cheap electret microphones and digital gear, like the sound card built into a laptop nowadays.

I recall back when it would have taken me an expensive reel to reel recorder and very costly microphone(s) to come close to the sound quality of what we now take for granted as cheap and "low tech." Cripes, I'm barely over 50, and moving technology is making me feel old.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 04/02/07 at 11:44:12

I added it to the set already on the Tech Ref forum.

Savage Sounds (mufflers)

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Dr_Jim
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/02/07 at 12:17:56

-

« Last Edit: 12/23/07 at 20:01:01 by Dr_Jim »  
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #9 - 04/02/07 at 16:10:21

yo TVR,

If I email you a .mov file, can you extract the sound?  I'd liek to record my savage w/ a cherry bomb...

IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #10 - 04/02/07 at 17:07:43

Dr_Jim wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Went digging about on the hard disk, and found this sound clip from my original 441 BSA Victor with roadster pipe and pea-shooter muffler:

http://home.comcast.net/~jim_mitch/savage/441warmup.mp3

http://home.comcast.net/~jim_mitch/savage/BSA-quarter_view.JPG

For those of you who enjoy listening to the sound of Gerbils farting, and as a reference point, here's the stock muffler:

http://home.comcast.net/~jim_mitch/savage/savage_stock1a.mp3

And for your dining and dancing pleasure, the Bub 'Bad Dog' 24" megaphone which replaced the stock system:

http://home.comcast.net/~jim_mitch/savage/savage_BD4.mp3

Here's a shot of the Bad Dog, complete with an additional 8" baffle welded in which allows my neighbors to sleep in peace:

http://home.comcast.net/~jim_mitch/Freya/bub-1a.JPG

Cheers

Jim
 Guess what Jim. I have the exact same bike with out sidecar. It is officialy called the 441 Shootingstar by BSA. In 1968 BSA took the 250 Starfire frame and shoved the 441 Victor motor in it and renamed it the Shooting Star. Not to be confused with the BSA Shooting Star 500cc twin. I am currently restoring mine now. This is how it looks so far.

The rare thing about them is the plastic tank and panels on my 1968. I bought it to restore and sell but can't see myself doing that now. I love the thing.   Hutch

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
Dr_Jim
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 04/03/07 at 00:32:25

-

« Last Edit: 12/23/07 at 20:00:29 by Dr_Jim »  
  IP Logged
Hutch
Serious Thumper

till death do us
part

Birch Run, MI. U.S.A.
Reply #12 - 04/03/07 at 09:50:33

Jim,  I know what you mean, I got a drawer full of whitworth wrenches from all the years of Triumph,BSA Royal Enfields and such. I need to re-chrome fenders and bars. Paint turned out good, seat recovered for $50 turned out nice. Your right, the bike is so light it makes the Savage feel heavy. Mine engine is a little tired, no smoke but not the compression it should have, probably valves. It is just so much fun I can't see selling it now. The docs don't want me riding at all. They said if I got in an accident in front of a hospital I would bleed to death before they got me inside from the 1600mgs of blood thinners I take everyday. Oh well, at least I would go doing what I have always loved doing for 40+ years.  Hutch

you learn from your mistakes, and I've learned a lot
  IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #13 - 04/03/07 at 11:16:59

vroom1776 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
If I email you a .mov file, can you extract the sound?  I'd liek to record my savage w/ a cherry bomb...

Check your PMs Smiley

IP Logged
TVR_FSO
Serious Thumper

I'm Ya
Huckleberry....

Frisco, Texas
Reply #14 - 04/06/07 at 21:43:36

vroom1776 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
yo TVR,

Sorry, been out of town. If you still need it done, I bet I can. Let me know.

Rob, thanks. I didnt realize it was there.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 02:18:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Make Her Scream!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.