Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
se muffler mod (Read 2 times)
jd06s40

live to ride

marion ohio
se muffler mod
03/26/07 at 17:19:16

i have a 06 s40 at 941ft altitude what main jet and pilot jet will i need for this mod and not have backfire and popping thanks in advanced

06 s40 se muffler,152.5 mainjet,55pilot,whitespacer mod,suzuki windscreen,gel seat,sissybar more to come
  IP Logged
barry68v10
Serious Thumper

Maryland
Re: se muffler mod
Reply #1 - 03/26/07 at 17:41:23

Personally, I would start with the white spacer mod before changing any jets.  1/2 white spacer should solve most, if not all, of your woes.  Then proceed with Lancers carb tuning found by a site search.

petc0ck mod, white spacer removed, 150 main jet, 12.5" shocks, 16" turnout muff, oil cooler mod, chain conversion, Tkat brace, external fuel filter, fuel screen removed...
  IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #2 - 03/26/07 at 18:27:20

jd06s40 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
i have a 06 s40 at 941ft altitude what main jet and pilot jet will i need for this mod and not have backfire and popping thanks in advanced

Are you looking for more performance from the bike?? What kind of riding do you do?? Are you a commuter with city road travel?? A highway traveller?? The more you contribute the more responses you get. BTW, you will always have a few pops on decel. Its just the nature of the thumper. Its the real backfires and a very lean fuel system you should be intrested in eliminating . check my sig line. I ride at near sea level in the deep south.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
jd06s40

live to ride

marion ohio
Reply #3 - 03/26/07 at 18:59:29

i mainly ride in town. i put a se muffler on rejet with 152.5 main i removed brass plug and adjusted mix screw a few different ways i am getting backfire when i shift  at low speeds if i am on the highway and gun it and shift 1-2 2-3 3-4 4-5 there is no backfire or pop just crusing in town and shift normal i get a pop or sometimes shot gun pop

06 s40 se muffler,152.5 mainjet,55pilot,whitespacer mod,suzuki windscreen,gel seat,sissybar more to come
  IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #4 - 03/26/07 at 19:32:03

i mainly ride in town. i put a se muffler on rejet with 152.5 main i removed brass plug and adjusted mix screw a few different ways i am getting backfire when i shift  at low speeds if i am on the highway and gun it and shift 1-2 2-3 3-4 4-5 there is no backfire or pop just crusing in town and shift normal i get a pop or sometimes shot gun pop

Your main jet controls you wide open throttle. Your needle jet 1/4-3/4 throttle and your pilot jet closed to 1/4 throttle. Bearing that in mind what part of the throttle are you using the most??In my experience if you change the exhaust you should balance it with a change in the intake. either a better freer filter or a desnorkel or both. I would also suggest the iridium plug. When you get ready to adjust the air screw please refer to lancers straight and simple carb tuning in the tech forum. It works. the jets are trial and error. They are cheap. I have a 55 pilot on my work bench. If you would like to try it, PM me an addy and I'll send it to you. If you are having backfire on upshift its more than likely an air leak. Either in the intake or exhaust. check your connections and pay attention to the header connection. You may want to pull the header gasket and make sure it is not cracked or deformed. backfires on decel indicate a lean fuel condition and are remdied by rejetting. hope that helps.

No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 03/26/07 at 19:42:07

search             lancers' simple carb tuning(quick and simple?)  it works...
search           carb,jets,tuning,

you have the S.E. on now if i read rite..any intake mods past or future??

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
jd06s40

live to ride

marion ohio
Reply #6 - 03/26/07 at 20:30:44

not intake mods yet. i am going to a dealer in the morning to pick up 55 pilot that they had ordered for me . when i take off in 1 then let off throttle to shift it pops at every shift in normal riding if i am on a country road or something and i give throttle[ hard thottle] and shift there is no pop i am going to try the 55 pilot and see what happens

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #7 - 03/26/07 at 20:36:41

not intake mods yet. i am going to a dealer in the morning to pick up 55 pilot that they had ordered for me . when i take off in 1 then let off throttle to shift it pops at every shift in normal riding if i am on a country road or something and i give throttle[ hard thottle] and shift there is no pop

Its air leaks either in the intake boot or in the exhaust. check your connections. Did you get some SS hex heads for the carb bowl??

IP Logged
jd06s40

live to ride

marion ohio
Reply #8 - 03/26/07 at 21:02:22

no i put the orginal screws back in

what is a iridium plug?

IP Logged
Grove_Tucky_650

Ohio - Grove City
Reply #9 - 03/27/07 at 05:48:41

Brewbrother wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
Your main jet controls you wide open throttle. Your needle jet 1/4-3/4 throttle and your pilot jet closed to 1/4 throttle. Bearing that in mind what part of the throttle are you using the most??In my experience if you change the exhaust you should balance it with a change in the intake. either a better freer filter or a desnorkel or both. I would also suggest the iridium plug. When you get ready to adjust the air screw please refer to lancers straight and simple carb tuning in the tech forum. It works. the jets are trial and error. They are cheap. I have a 55 pilot on my work bench. If you would like to try it, PM me an addy and I'll send it to you. If you are having backfire on upshift its more than likely an air leak. Either in the intake or exhaust. check your connections and pay attention to the header connection. You may want to pull the header gasket and make sure it is not cracked or deformed. backfires on decel indicate a lean fuel condition and are remdied by rejetting. hope that helps.

I need a 55 pilot jet if you like to get rid of it still. You can PM me if so.

IP Logged
jd06s40

live to ride

marion ohio
Reply #10 - 03/27/07 at 17:14:31

took the bike out today after putting 152.5 main jet in and adjusting mix screw and it ran great on day put about 80 miles on it. went to dealer and picked up 55 pilot havent installed yet cause bike ran so great today. think i should put the pilot in?

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #11 - 03/27/07 at 21:32:45

How many turns out are you on the pilot/mixture screw?
If ~2 or so I'd leave the pilot jet as is

IP Logged
jd06s40

live to ride

marion ohio
Reply #12 - 03/28/07 at 16:41:05

about 2 to 2 1/2

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #13 - 03/29/07 at 19:32:52

about 2 to 2 1/2

then you need a rejet. Go bigger on the pilot and shave the spacer. I will not recomment getting rid of the spacer although I do not use one. Your altitude is the variable. how high is ohio??

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #14 - 03/29/07 at 19:35:32

no i put the orginal screws back in

what is a iridium plug?

A hotter plug that helps. do a search on the site and find a model number. All the anwsers are in the archives.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 21:09:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › se muffler mod

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.