Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
dull paint (Read 2 times)
john1652
Ex Member

dull paint
03/24/07 at 19:21:17

I have been plagued this winter by my leather chaps. They have kept me warm alright, but, they have caused damage to the sides of my tank. I wrote about this some time ago. Well, I finally got the answer I was looking for at a local auto parts store. It's called McGuirrers Mirror Glaze # 6. This stuff is amazing. You rub it in and keep putting more on and continue rubbing and adding more untill you are tired of doing it. Then wait till it dries buff it out and WOW. Your paint is like new. It gets rid of that spider web stuff scratches dull paint. You can see yourself in the paint and that's a nice reflection on you. I am sold. It's a bit pricy but wort even more than they want.   Also I have been using S100 bike cleaner as of late and honestly it does a great job of cleaning. spray on rince off---- dirt gone.    but I found a new product at walmart called greased lightning something or other comes in a spray bottle found in the auto dept. and it does as good a job as S100 and about 1/3rd the price. Anybody use something different. but really try the mirror glaze for your paint.  john

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: dull paint
Reply #1 - 03/24/07 at 22:40:23

I can tell it really IS quick & easy. Not a beer can in sight. Nice lookin.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #2 - 03/25/07 at 06:14:17

That's because they are hidden in the snow, just incase mama looks in. Cheesy

IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/25/07 at 14:17:28

John1652 - just curious- were you able to slide your fork gaiters on from the bottom of the forks once you took wheel & caliper off as I've been able to do on other bikes or did you have to take forks out of yolk to do it?

also, where did you get them & how much, please?

thanks, george

(from what I can see by picture the McGuirres stuff worked very well for you!)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:27:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › dull paint

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.