Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
T-Bars (Read 15 times)
r-tru-d2
YaBB Newbies

Greenville, IL
T-Bars
03/23/07 at 07:58:47

Anyone install T-bar style drag bars on your Savage?  I'm looking at doing this for my wife's Savage, but haven't seen any other Savages with this setup in the gallery or anywhere else.  Anyone have experiences with these?  I want to make sure I get something that puts the grips in approximately the same location as the stock bars, but with the cleaner look of t-bars.  Thinking about getting some 1.5" bars (tapering down to 1") with internal wiring option to clean things up a bit.  Theseare what I'm thinking of getting right now:

I'm also wondering if 5" of rise will be enough to clear the tank.  I believe the riser spacing is correct (4", right? - I haven't measured yet, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is on the Savage).

Thoughts?

WWW   IP Logged
allan
Ex Member

Re: T-Bars
Reply #1 - 03/23/07 at 13:16:24

if your measurments work out. I think it would look ok, what about a fitting a throttle syle clutch at the same time (exile cycles) realy would tidy front up, Wink

allan.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 03/23/07 at 15:12:59

Stock VZ800 Marauder T-Bars are a straight bolt-on for the LS650 ... been tryin' to score a set for awhile!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #3 - 03/23/07 at 17:55:43

My birthday is coming up and this is just the thing to clean up the bike. Very nice choice  r-tru-d2.
Allen: Didn't know about throttle clutch. I can walk and chew gum, just don't try to have a discussion at the same time. I really like the idea.
Perry: I won't make your hunt any harder, plenty of ground between us.
Thanks Guys.

Holly Smokes! Just went to Exile Cycle. Gonna need something better than Birthday to get my hands on that left twist clutch. All it takes is MOney.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 20:25:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › T-Bars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.